Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a Teriyaki sauce recipe for wings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have a proven favorite ?[p]If used for other meats probably
would work for wings as well.[p]Nature Boy probably has something.[p]Thanx.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Patrick in GA,
    There are a couple tried and true marinades I have used with wings. Mine is a more of a yakatori marinade I guess...sweet and simple. And Tanker Tim's Okinawan wings are a great version of a japanese style marinade.[p]Yatori type —
    http://BigGreenEgg.com/recipes/newRecipes/sauces0254.htm[p]Or TT's below...you could add some wine or sherry if you are lookin teryaki-ish.[p]HTH! And beers.
    NB

[ul][li]TT's wings[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Patrick in GA,[p]Here is another Yakitori recipe. Plus a teriyaki recipe. Both very good on wings and tenders.[p]Enjoy!![p]Stogie
    ____________________________________________________________[p]Yakitori Sauce for Chicken [p]4 tablespoon(s) Mirin(sweet sherry)
    3 tablespoon(s) Soy sauce, dark
    1 tablespoon Miso paste
    1 tablespoon Sesame oil
    1 tablespoon White vinegar
    1 tablespoon Brown sugar, dark[p]PREPARATION:
    Combine all ingredients and mix until sugar is dissolved.[p]Marinate chicken overnight.[p]Use sauce as a mop and finally as a finishing glaze.
    ____________________________________________________________[p]Teriyaki Marinade [p]1/4 cup Soy sauce, dark
    1/4 cup Sweet sherry
    1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon Brown sugar, light
    1 teaspoon Ginger, fresh, chopped
    1 teaspoon Garlic, minced[p]PREPARATION:
    Combine all ingredients and whisk together.[p]Marinade meat for as long as possible.[p]If you want to use the remaining marinade for a mop, be sure to boil.[p]