Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcocked Chicken

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight is the forst night of Passover and the wife asked me to try Spatchcocked Chicken. Any quick advice on the prep?[p]smokey.gif

Comments

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Smokey,[p]For that special Passover touch, marinade it in Manischevitz and serve it with gefilte fish and horseradish. :)[p]It's really easy to do. Cut out the backbone, turn it breat side up and push down on the breast bone. Then rub or marinade it and cook it the way you would normally cook a chicken. There's plenty here already written about spatchcock, and a quick search of the archives should tell you everything you need to know.[p]My family's sedar was supposed to be tonight, but we had to postpone it because my stepfather just had surgery. Have a good one!

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]My search of the archives didn't work. I've heard its easy ... that's why I'm doing it! The butcher was nice enough to remove the backbone and I think I'll just use a simple rub. Thanks for the ideas![p]Smokey
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Smokey,
    You could always use Char Crust for a quick seasoning.
    RhumAndJerk

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Smokey,
    Damon this should help.
    Larry

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz Spatchcocked Chicken[/ul]
  • Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Smokey,
    We always have brisket, but my wife wouldn't let me do my usual lo-n-slo on the Egg. For her, it had to be the "traditional" way: slo in the oven with lots of veggies and crushed tomatoes. It is very good that way, but....
    Regards,
    Marvin