Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Results of "Quick" Cook Pulled Pork

Options
David B.
David B. Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all who responded. I cooked at 275, the shoulder (it was not a butt but the 'picnic' cut) went on at about 10:45. At 6:15 it was just over 200 internal, looked like a nice bark, the little bit I pulled off to taste tasted just like yummy 'q. I'll pull it and re-heat it in a little barbeque sauce tonight. One note, the picnic seems to have more fat than a butt, and I think cooking times are shorter anyways. I bet a five pound shoulder wouldn't take the two to two and a half hours per pound that butts seem to take. More like an hour and a half to two hours per.[p]David B.

Comments

• David B.,[p]Good for you :)[p]Hay, BTW.... did you sleep well ? I toss and turn on those overnighters still. I have about 6 or so under my belt but I guess not enough to feel super comfortable.[p]Of course... that is probably a good thing.[p]Congrats on the cook... and Happy Egging.. BB
  • David B.
    David B. Posts: 24
    Options
    BB,[p]I quickly became sold on the eggs ability to handle overnighters without my intervention. As a matter of fact, this overnighter was the coldest outdoor temp yet, and the egg was a champ! My first overnighter, I got up twice to check the fire, my second once, ever since then I just sleep. I once saw a poster on alt.food.barbeque complain that people shouldn't buy ceramic cookers because they make 'q too easy. I don't have any real desire to make my cooking hard just for the sake of harder work. I only care about the finished product. I guess that's my way of saying, go ahead and get a good nights sleep, that's why you have any egg!