Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn Bread

Options
BigTamm
BigTamm Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need some tips on making either corn bread muffins, or in a pan to bring to a chili party tonight, and would like to make them on my egg, any great recipes that I could wow them with?

Comments

• No Yolk
    No Yolk Posts: 42
    Options
    Sweet Corn Bread

INGREDIENTS:
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup cornmeal
    1/4 cup sugar or more
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt

1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 cup sour cream
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the egg, sour cream, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
    2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.

We have cooked this in the BGE with great success. Good luck and good eating!!

Dianne
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I made these with nothing but Jiffy Mix. Naturally, I kicked the recipe up a notch or two and cooked them on the Egg. They turned out great.

The cactus pan was sent to me by Desert Philly, a true Southern gal who likes her cornbread.

CactusCornbreadWithAnAttitude-1.jpg

The skillet cornbread is great too. Very sweet. I was attempting to recreate the kind of cornbread my Mom used to make. My Dad and I ate it in a big glass of milk. The crunchy part was simply fantastic.

Cornbreadinskillet7-22-07.jpg

Just some thoughts to help you achieve Cornbread Nirvana.

Spring "At Peace With Every Particle In The Universe, Especially Cornbread" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • How long and how hot did you cook it?
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I can't remember the time and temperature but I did heat the cast iron up before I put the batter in. It was probably around 375°, indirect on a pizza stone as seem in this photo.

CornEggBreandCactusCornbread-1.jpg

I used a lot of sugar and it stuck to the pan until I added more oil. It also helps to let it cool before removing the cornbread.

Spring "Let There Be Cornbread" Chicken