Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does WMK NeedTo Go??

Options
2»

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Sorry for stating the obvious, folks, but obviously this guy is only trying to pull everyone's chain.... he's fishing for a response and laughing out loud when he gets your goat with any kind of reply.
    This was the problem with Mr Utah.... he only had credence when anyone replied to his posts. No response equals no power. [p]Again, sorry for stating the obvious yall .... but, dang.

• WooDoggies,
    my thoughts exactly! HIGH FIVE WOODUDE!

• Signal 99
    Options
    I'm new to this BGE Group and I agree with WooDoggies. Well said! As for WMK - keep up the fantastic work. I had trouble getting set up on new site & within minutes of me posting - you emailed me & my problem was fixed. I can't get that type service from tech support I pay for.Thanks for your help.
    ~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Thank you for your support against the "trolls" -- we really have spent a great deal of time on the forum already to implement "classic" view and related stuff in an effort to "please" all.

Sure, there are plenty of things that remain to be done, but w/out anyone really using the forum, nothing really happens (as you have apparently noticed).

Users drive the software world. Without use, software stagnates -- even well funded software -- which this isn't. We get a little bit for our efforts, but not nearly enough if I consider my time worth much more than $2/hour.
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    STEVIEB...How can you sit on your FACE all day and still breath without complications??? Go away.
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    NoBallsWeeneie.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]I think trolls are just cute!

• milesofsmiles
    Options
    P. S. EVERY time you breath i'ts a face fart... and you still S..K.
  • WooDoggies,
    a no balls weenie for sure! hahahaha

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    i don't think he's a troll. i think he genuinely isn't around here enough (or hasn't paid attention) to understand that WMK isn't a paid employee of BGE, and that this site is something he does on his own. [p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    PoohPooh.jpg
    <p />stike,[p]Well, regardless of his legitimacy or status.... I still think he's cute!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Jeff,
    but how do you explain that his profile doesn't reflect being signed on here since 5-26-07? Something doesn't jive. I have to think there has been some kind of security breach password or not!

WMK do you have a thought on this?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WMK
    Options
    stike,

For some years, Millerhouse did indeed provide the forum entirely on our own; however, more recently, BGE has contributed to its support.

And, most recently, BGE has agreed to take on the expense of the server cost (which has just increased significantly). This will leave a little bit more for our efforts.

However, that being said, the forum requires way more work than they, or most folks, realize unless they've managed a forum with this kind of message volume themselves.

If you look around, you'll see that the vast majority of forums on the Internet are supported by the blinking advertisements that adorn every page you view. For such sites, the more traffic they get, the more money they make. That is not the case for us. Our site has no advertising on it, and so for us, more traffic is just more work. It's only during times like these when that work is very visible.

Thank you for your support, but I want to be sure that everyone realizes that BGE does in fact contribute to the support of our "Egger" community -- they own the domain name as well.
  • WMK
    Options
    Since logins are not required on the old forum, the only way to tell when he last posted over there is by searching the archives -- assuming that his posts, if any, made it into the archives. I can tell you for sure, that if they are like this one, they didn't.

And, since he posted this junk on the old forum, he didn't have to login to get his name in "green" as will be required when the switchover is complete. As long as well allow posts on the old forum, there is no way to be sure a post from "over there" is from who it says it is or not. So, in a sense, you could call that a security breach in the same way that a wide open back door would be one.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I didn't see the thread over on the old board so I didn't realize it came in via the worm hole. I understand now and Thanks to the two of you again from Pat and I.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Jiggy Piggy,

If the forum is so awful to deal with I would respectfully suggest you F**K OFF!

People like you try my limited patience and if you've read any of the posts in this thread you know this is their forum and the Miller House is as much a part of our community as the Egg is. Your lack of awareness of your adopted community is shocking. we may require you to turn in your Egg for a partial refund and send you back to your WSM and its challenges. As one or two posters suggested, "Go away."
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    StevieB,[p]Go to the site you don't care for a read a few posts then go away son.
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Please help. I've got three e-mails accusing me fo THE TROLL. I'am Pro egger with no ill will toward anyone, except sevieb. In a mild way. Please excuse my temper, y'all are a super bunch of people in order to make eggin E-Z and and a pleasure. HELP I'AM NOT TROLL. miles out BAR-B-QUE rules. miles out.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Last I checked this site was FREE and OPEN to anyone. If you do not like it do not check in. Yes WE are going threw some growing pains but most of us keep coming back for more and I for one will continue to. WMK keep it up! It will all come out in the wash in the end. Thanks WMK!
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Looks like he's Steve Blake of Jiggy Piggy. Say hi to him if the Dizzy Pig crew crosses paths with them.[p]I touched on this briefly a few days back. The foofaraw over the new forum is just that. A fooraraw. This is nothing as far as server upgrade hicups go in my experience.

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head. A free site that you get so much info out of it. Going through a transition and he makes a post like that.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I second the voluntary paypal option if it will help or compensate the webmaster.
  • dhuffjr
    Options
    stike wrote:
    No one gets as ridiculed as a volunteer.
    Sure they do. WMK is.

He has said btw that he gets paid but it is the equivalent of around 2 dollars an hour.

Try being a moderator on any website. You do it for free and folks [ul]will[/ul] bust your chops over things.
  • stike,
    Where's the self-proclaimed "uber geek" aka C. Wolf when you need him?

• dhuffjr
    Options
    Looking again the IP is Atlanta and the address for the real Steve is Alabama. :blush:

Darn trolls. :S