Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Waldorf Eggfest...4 short months away!

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's fargin' cold here in NJ today. I think it was 14 this morning, but the wind made it feel much colder. Add to that the fact that the Holidays are over and work is getting back to hectic, and I was feeling a little blue earlier this evening.[p]So here's a thought which cheered me up a bit - Waldorf Eggfest is just 4 short months away! I suppose most of you are more deft in counting months than I am and as a result this may be quite obvious to you, but for some reason May just seems further away.[p]Yeah, I drank too much this Holiday season....[p]But that's beside the point - Eggfest is still, in fact, just 4 short months away! Soon we'll be having pre-meet and greet ad hoc get togethers, then the meet and greet itself, then Capt Billy's, or an extended meet and greet. Then a post meet and greet party.[p]Then, if you're feeling frisky, a pre-Eggfest early morning cocktail (the term "early morning" is very relative here, as some folks recover from Friday faster than others...). Then the fest itself, with loads of great people, great food, hopefully Blues&BBQ's band, perhaps a Hooters gal or three if that fits your fancy, Dale sitting in with the band, exciting prizes and much, much, more!!![p]And that's not all. If you're still standing, you get the after party until ??[AP]M. You may even witness a Cornfed Slip (TM) or Cornfed Stagger and Stumble (...patent pending...it's the Cornfed Slip performed with a bit less grace after far too many drinks...).[p]Anyway, that's exactly how I cheered myself up earlier, and I thought I'd share.[p]Heeeeeeeeee,
Cornfed

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    LOL!!
    I gotta give you some karma points on that one. I'm still at zero :-( Fun post.

BTW, the "Cornfed Slip" now gets the R in a circle. ®
    I registered it ;-)

But I have not witnessed the slip in years. Last few years it seems as if you dang near closed out the afterparty with me.

Happy New Year to you and the Cornbros!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Dover_Gal
    Dover_Gal Posts: 116
    Cornfed,
    We'll be going. We are fairly near Waldorf and I have a buddy from work near their (his office is outside Waldorf and I haven't seen him in 2 years.) [p]Maybe we will cook but probably not! Have to go punch up the husband and get him frothed up to make his pork loin roast for the masses.

• ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    As an ex-lurker here, and now participant we plan to attend. I have promised my daughter and husband we would purchase them an Egg.

A summer cooking picture to warm things up.

summerbge.jpg
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Then the fest itself, with loads of great people, great food, hopefully Blues&BBQ's band

Yeah, we'll be there. That's my favorite gig of the year!
  • Cornfed
    Yeah, I'm not sure I've thanked you enough for that term. My brothers have told me they've "pulled the ol' Cornfed Slip" in leaving various Happy Hours or other social functions. And as a surprising indication of how ingrained the term has become in my life, a couple months ago my girlfriend was describing a work function she attended saying something like "I stayed a few hours then pulled the ol' Cornfed Slip." Considering she doesn't read the forum or know me as Cornfed at all, it made me realize I must have described it without thinking enough for her to pick up on it :)

But yeah, I've been good the last few years. Last year was a blast, and I think it was only yourself, Dr. Woo, the Beer Pong champ, and perhaps one other person who lasted longer than me. Will have to try to repeat that performance this year!

Heeeeee,
    Cornfed
  • Cornfed
    Cool. I look forward to hearing you guys each year. This year perhaps I'll remember to bring you a tennis ball (or was it a softball?) that I owe you from that time at Nature Boy's with your dog. I still feel bad about losing that one in the bushes. I picked the wrong time to have the mightiest throw in my life. I could have used that arm strength when I was playing baseball in high school :)
  • Cornfed
    Well come on down! It's a great time. Each year I say I'm going to finally cook, but then get busy with work and school leading up to the event and at the last second decide to focus on eating, drinking, and chatting with folks instead. I wind up cooking for folks at tailgates and family functions pretty often in my small circle of family and friends, and Eggfest Friday is often my first vacation day of the year, so I still think it's a decent option to just spend the entire day relaxing.

Later,
    Cornfed
  • Cornfed
    Thanks for the picture. I just stepped outside and it's still pretty freaking cold, so your summer pic is appreciated.

You should definitely come and pick up an Egg. The Egg deals are great at the fests, plus the Seasonal folks are excellent. And even if you don't buy an Egg, you can meet many of the Forum crazies :)

Later,
    Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    The year before that, it was Chubby. Helped me clean up what everyone else left in the parking lot, waited for me to start walking toward the hotel, and did the "I am the last standing sole at the after party" dance. Might even have a picture somewhere from that morning at 2am!
    Seeya!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Cornfed,
    One of these years someone will light an Egg Sunday morning...

• Cornfed
    That sounds like a dare....

Seriously, I've always talked about extending the Eggfest experience. Last year I did it a bit on the front end by heading down to Maryland a day early on Thursday to hang with my brother that night for a pre-pre-Meet and Greet party (it's getting increasingly difficult to characterize these events...). But I wouldn't be averse to extending things on the other end, either, and hanging around for more on Sunday. A nice big parking lot brunch would be awesome on Sunday late/morning.

I have vacation on the brain given that I just finished some days off for the Holiday, and I think I'm going to go block some days for Eggfest now. I look forward to hanging out again in May.

Heeeee,
    Cornfed
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Cornfed,[p]I have to ask, Waldorf, MD???? or where???[p]Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)

• Cornfed I'll be dancing instead of singing this year with 2 new knees HEE HAWWW. Hope you had a Safe and Happy Holiday Season. The date is set for Eggfest 09 for May 3rd here in beautiful downtown Waldorf world headquarters for Seasonal Distributors. CHEER UP it's not that far off.
    Dale

• DAAA MAYOOOR,
    motel info?

• Cornfed
    vidalia1,[p]Yes, Waldorf, MD. Motel information, I assume, will be announced closer to the event date (I'm not an organizer, just a happy participant!).[p]Hope to see you there,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    DAAA MAYOOOR,[p]Can't wait for the fest! But more than that, I want to see if you can dance as well as you can sing :)[p]Meanwhile, more posts on this on the .net side. Actually, that side looks way more busy today. And it's performing very quickly for me.[p]Good work, WMK and WMK's helper!
    Cornfed