Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steaks in Lea & Perrins

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I marinated two rib-eyes three days ago in just Lea & Perrins. I think the meat will be fine, but do you think they will be "too marinated"? [p]I was supposed to cook New Years Eve, but haven't been able to until tonight. Thanks.[p]

Comments

• Frank in LR,
    They could turn to mush if you over marinate. You'll just have to try them. I did this once with a leg of lamb and it was horrible.

• Howdy Frank
    I have never been too big on worcestershire on good steaks, so 3 days is quite a bit of marinating. With the tanginess of that marinade, an earthy rub and maybe a creamy sauce will help mellow the flavor?? I sure wouldn't throw em out. Hell, you might even find it is JUST what you have been looking for!
    Have fun!
    Chris
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Frank in LR,
    i think i would find a bulgoki recipe, slice the ribeye about a quarter inch thick, go light with the soy as you have plenty of salt in there now and fry it after you marinate it for about a half day. im thinking its going to be mushy if you cook it like a steak. ive marinated ribey with terryaki sauce before overnight and sliced thin for terriaki steaks, they were great seared hot and thin

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Frank in LR,
    They should be fine if you just used worchestershire sauce. I just cooked two filet's last night that had been marinating a week in wurchester sauce. My brother marinated them and then froze and sent to me in Florida. They were great, they were about 2 inches thick.