Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Technique

Options
cteggman
cteggman Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Using the Egg
I recently purchased my Big Green Egg and I love it. I have tried ribs and steaks but have heard many good things about pizza. Can someone share a pizza recipe and technique with me?

Comments

• Made a really good one last weekend. Made my pizza dough in a bread machine using a standard pizza dough recipe (flour, olive oil, water, salt, sugar, yeast), but adding garlic, red pepper flakes and shredded parmesan to the dough. Spread it out on a wooden pizza peel with PLENTY of cornmeal under it. Topped it with store-bought vodka sauce, crumbled bacon, sauteed chopped orange peppers and onion, mozzarella, shredded parmesan, and finally pepperoni.

Included a mix of soaked hickory and mesquite chips with my lump. Heated the egg with platesetter and pizza stone to 450, baked the pizza at 450 for about 18 minutes.

Pizza on the egg is one of my favorite things.

Good luck!