Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Was going to make pizza but.. pizza guests no showed! What to do with the leftover pizza dough?

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove Posts: 261
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What to do with the already made dough?[p]Doughreadyforfilling.jpg[p]Lets put on some pesto, mozzerella, and pepperoni!
Pepperonimozzarellaandpesto.jpg[p]Then fold it up tight:[p]AllreadyfortheBGE.jpg[p]Wow! Its hot in here![p]Cookingonegg.jpg[p]Do I look tasty?[p]OhhImtastyalright.jpg[p]How bout now?
HmmdoIlooktasty.jpg[p]

Comments

• JET,
    Look's good. My kids will love it! we'll try it this weekend.
    Mike

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    JET,
    can you tell how you made your dough? what are the darker flecks in the dough?

• ugavet,
    Since you're a fellow UGA grad:[p]Grab your Kitchen-aid mixer, attach dough hook. Rinse out bowl in hot water so it heats up a bit, add 1 1/4 cups 110 deg F water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt (I like more), 1 pack fast rising active dry yeast, 1 tablespoon olive oil (again I add more but I don't measure, probably more like two tablespoons for me). You can stop here but I add: a whole bunch of garlic powder (no idea how much, just add what you like), ground caynne pepper (careful here), and dried herbs, oregano, basil, etc. (These are the dark flecks you ask about) I supose you could use fresh herbs but I have never tried - Hmm.. a new project! Add a cup of non-bleached non-self-rising bread flour and turn mixer on speed two with the dough hook attached. Continue to slowly add flour until the dough cleans itself from the bowl and starts to ride up the hook, usually about 3 - 3.5 cups depending on humidity of the flour and how much liquid you have in the bowl. (slowly = don't just dump a whole cup in at one time, or you'll look like a cartoon character as an explosion of flour coats your kitchen. You may laugh but your spouse won't. Believe this!) Let the dough ride in the magic tilt-a-whirl for about 3 or 4 minutes (long enough to pee and get another beer), then remove from mixer, fashion into a perfect sphere (or just wad it up like a Tech grad would, doesn't matter) and roll to coat completely in your well-oiled ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, usually 1- 1.5 hours depending on temp. If you're in a pinch you can put your oven on the lowest setting it has and put the bowl in there. When doubled in size, punch dough down with fingers and proceed as you usually would. Makes great pizzas, calzones, breadsticks, etc.[p]This can be done in a food processor or even by hand if you don't have a mixer with doughhook, it's just more of a pain.