Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"unk" is back and what a weekend I missed.

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]I'm a new first time uncle, kid is great, mom (my sister) is recovering after an unplanned Csection. All is well though and everyone is excited.[p]I ended up cooking the chicken on Friday evening, it was great just grilled with some spices rubbed into it. The loin was removed from the brine and rubbed, it will be cooked this evening. I'm afraid that it may be a bit on the salty side for sitting in the brine so long but I'll find out soon.[p]Man, did I miss a great weekend of cooking here. French Bread, congrats NB, sounds great. KOC, those Lady Godivas sound great too, not too many oysters here in Southern IL but my folks are in FL alot, I usually have them bring back some seafood each time they go so I can get some. Sea Bass sounds awesome too, congrats MS. The grocery stores in Chicago have awesome meat/cheese/deli counters, all of that fresh fish makes me wish I lived back there. I've not tried any fish on the egg yet but it is definitely on the short list.[p]Good to be back, now I get to spoil my nephew just like my brogher spoils my kids. I'm looking forward to it.[p]Troy

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    sprinter, Congratulations to you and your family with the "newbie" family member. BTW, your egg enthusiasm is showing..:-)
    My wiffy just started her "Atkins" diet program..! All this sea food might be a thing for the future here in Central Ia.
    Cheers..C~W[p]