Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket suggestions

Options
RajunCajun
RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to take my first shot at a longggg low n slow cook using my DigiQ. Planning on doing a brisket. Few questions:[p]What size brisket?
What internal temp?
What grid temp?[p]
Other suggestions in regards to seasoning etc are welcomed.[p]Thanks,[p]RajunCajun

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    RajunCajun,[p]Whole packer brisket usually cooks up best. 10+ pounds.[p]I cook mine at about 230 grid temp/250 dome temp. Some people foil theirs at 170* or so until done.[p]I do not foil. I spray mine with an apple juice/honey mixture every 30 mins or so the last 6 hours or the cook.[p]Some people pull theirs around 195 - I take mine to 200:[p]Doneat200.jpg
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Fidel,[p]Thanks for the info. Approximately how many hours does it typically take to cook your brisket?[p]Thanks,[p]RajunCajun
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Fidel, I cookat 240° indirect with a plate setter & drip pan. I don't know what grade of meat you're buying but I do know that "Prime" brisket is best pulled at 180°. Good luck! I took us 3 tries to get it right.... JCA