Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Other Pulled Pork Uses?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings all,[p] I have some leftover frozen pulled pork and I want to make an appetizer with it this weekend. Other than ABT's, what do you suggest as options? Thank in advance........[p]Fudge

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Fudge,
    you might want to try twice stuffed potatoes
    DSCN0276.jpg
    they were pretty good. i also tried using manwich, just followed the direcrtions on the can, that i think fishlessman posted a pic of the batch he made. you also might want to think of a pizza just make a pizza add your bbq sauce instead of pizza sauce.[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    BENTE,
    That potato skin idea is great. There was a chain around here that used to have those and they were really good.....hmmmmm I think I know what to do with the pork in the fridge now :>)[p]H

• Fudge,[p]This is far from an appetizer, but we're cooking Brunswick Stew this morning that has 3 meats: Pulled Pork, Chicken and pulled chuck. Only needs 3 more hours. Can't wait.

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Fudge,[p]Nachos...quesadillas...mini BBQ pizzas...numerous types of dips....[p]Only limited by the imagination.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Fudge,
    Baked beans

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Fudge,
    chili rellenos, recipe is in the link somewhere, not in the origional recipe, but its great added too it

[ul][li]rellenos[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BENTE
    dhuffjr,
    yea it turned out waaaaay better than i thought it would.[p][p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fudge,[p]Mini Pork Sammies[p]Get one of those cheep dinner rolls packages that comes with a tin with all the rolls stuck together. Flip them out on the counter leaving them all stuck together still. Take a large bread knife and cut the all rolls in half at the same time. Put the bottom half of the rolls back in the tin it came in. [p]I mix BBQ sauce and the pork together (heat it a little to make it easier). Spread the pork sauce mixture over the bottom half of the rolls, then stick the top half of the rolls back on it and throw it in the oven. Cut them into individual sammies after the rolls warm up. [p]
  • mitch
    mitch Posts: 25
    Fudge,
    Pulled Pork Hash! Fry up some taters, mix in the pulled pork, and add some bottled pork gravey, and fry til you like it! m-m-m-m-m

• DSCN1397.jpg
    <p />Fudge,
    Try enchiladas!
    Ross

• Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    Fudge,[p]My wife will sit down and make about 20 burritos - pulled pork with black beans & cheese, then freeze them. Our 17 y/o son uses them for after-school snacks to slake the teenaged bottomless pit.[p]Bob V
  • BENTE
    Bob V,
    how does he reheat them and do you vacume seal them or just wrap in aluminum foil so they can go straight to oven?[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fudge,[p]We love making super thin crust pizzas with BBQ sauce, cheese and pulled pork. (Fatties work great also - both work even better...)[p]

100_1135.jpg[p]