Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Ham Cooking Time/Temps.

Options
Bob In Texas
Bob In Texas Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was searching the archives for a small ham for 2 to have at Thanksgiving, and found this, but it doesn't tell me how long it will take. Can someone shed some light on the cooking times, grill temps.? I need to plan my time when to put it on.[p]From Larry to MikeA,
I cooked a ham at Thanksgiving using a recipe I got from Mr.Toad and it was great.I started with a 10 lb.pre-cooked ham.I injected it with Chef Williams honey praline,then cut small slits 1/4" apart on the ham.Next chop pecans real fine and mix with brown sugar and a little orange juice.Cook until the ham reaches 135 degrees and the put the pecan,brown sugar and oj all over the ham and try to push some down in the slits,cook for another 20 minutes or until the ham reaches 145 degrees.
Larry

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Bob In Texas,
    you can see this cook in my cooks section as Christmas ham 2006..it was awesome....mine was 20# and took 5 hours..I would guess you could just mathematically come close with what poundage you have.....bear in mind....NOTHING you cook will ever come out at it`s best based on a clock...you need a plan and an internal thermometer...it's done when it`s done...I don`t give a crap how long or short it took someone else...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Bob In Texas
    Options
    WessB,
    It looks like I will plan on 3 hrs. About 7:00 a.m. should be about right. My trusty Digi II and ET-73 will tell me when it's done. I wanted to plan it to come off around noon, or mid-afternoon.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Bob In Texas,
    Good luck...you WILL enjoy the flavor...At least..we sure did, different people like different flavors...but I`m tellin ya, it got raves when we served it..[p]Wess