Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

opinion on minis????

fyrcat
fyrcat Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have found a mini for sale in my area for $180.00,apparently brand new still in original wrappings. . I have an extra large already, and am looking to accessorize. I have been wanting to get a small-but the mini seems like a good deal, what do you all think?? anyone For those who have minis how do you like it???? Generally I cook for just my husband and myself...Cathy

Comments

• fyrcat,
    My girlfriend bought me one in August as a birthday present. I use it about half the time since usually it's just her and I. It's quick up to temp and just all around easier to use for simple cooks like burgers and dogs and boneless chicken breasts. I've found that it's a little more difficult to maintain temps, but I still would highly recommend it. And $180 is a good price. Plus it's portable.

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    fyrcat,[p]I have a Large...Small...and a Mini.[p]If you're looking for a second Egg...In your case I'd go for the Small...hands down![p]It's still portable, but much more versatile than the Mini.[p]No slight to the Mini...just my opinion.[p]Evans[p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    fyrcat,
    I got a mini about 6 months ago to compliment my Large and Small. It's a fantastic cooker and is perfect for 2 people. For 180 bucks, I'd suggest you go for it forthwith.......Sorry, Evans, if that's too long or complicated of a word for you! Heeeee!

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    egret,[p]No...!![p]I appreciate your generous help with my vocabulary![p]I continue to sit at the feet of "The Master"!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!