Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Question

Options
Don from NJ
Don from NJ Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So i was gonna build my own table, got the plans from TNW and all. Last week i happen to come upon a brand new not built BGE table for a great price, so i bought it. Built it the other night, stained/sealed it yesterday and i am ready to put the LBGE in there.. the BGE website suggests a tile or stone under neath. My question is can i just used the ceramic feet that came with the LBGE? or should i get a tile?[p]Thanks![p]Don

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Don from NJ,
    Others will chime in but you need the stone and then I would use the feet on top of that.[p]The bottom of the egg can get pretty hot and at least one person here (sorry, forgot who) has posted pictures of the hole in the wood underneath the egg. Maybe they will post it again.[p]My eggs sit on the concrete ground, on their feet. I had one on the ground without the feet and don't know if that's the reason but I popped a quarter size partial chip out of the outer green ceramic. I need to get some paint as I hate the way it looks.[p]Good Luck and post a picture of your new table.
    Bordello

• GrillMan
    Options
    Don from NJ,
    I used just the ceramic feet under the egg on my table until I set it on fire one night. Luckily, I caught it in time before I lost the whole table, or worst, the house. I still use the ceramic feet, but they now sit on a one inch piece of slate on the table.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Don from NJ,
    by all means use both! I use concrete stepping stones plus the feet. You'll find that baby gets hot!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Don from NJ,[p]At a minimum use 18x18 concrete blocks. They are dirt cheap at any home improvement store. I think I paid $3.49 each. Click on my profile to get a glimpse of how it looks.
  • Don from NJ
    Options
    Bordello,[p]Thanks for the replies guy! I will hit the Depot before i load her up tonight..
  • Just Plain Mike
    Options
    GrillMan,[p]Where did you get the slate? I saw that TNW's also used slate but I have not been able to find any.
  • GrillMan
    Options
    Just Plain Mike,
    My local garden center had one inch thick square slate pieces in a variety of sizes. I picked a 17 inch square that seems to be perfect for my large egg. I think I paid about $10. I live in Bucks county, Pennsylvania.