Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING Whack - bbq chicken pizza question

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I'm wondering how you cooked your chicken for the bbq pizza. Also how you make the sauce and what else you put on. I have some leftover chicken pieces from fondue earlier in the week and was planning to do bbq chicken pizza tonight.[p]Thanks,
Gwen, still recovering in Seattle

Comments

• dbishop
    Options
    Dimple's Mom,
    Hi Gwen i have missed your post the last few days hope all is well. I started to put out a sos this morning to see if you was ok. Good to see your back.
    DB

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    dbishop,
    Did you cook your scampi on a sizzling platter? I assuming you put the shrimp together and didn't buy it that way. I mean all nice and trayed up. Looked great. Didn't know if you read further down, so I posted here.[p]Mike

• Poppi
    Options
    Dimple's Mom,[p]Here's a foolproof recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza toppings.[p]Sliced red onion;
    Smoked Gouda Cheese-- I use one small supermarket package, usually a 3 1/2 to 4 inch wheel about an inch thick, remove brown "skin" before grating;
    Mozzarella Cheese -- in equal proportion to gouda
    KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce -- I spread this pretty generously on the dough before adding onions, chicken and grated cheeses.[p]Enjoy.[p][p]

• dbishop
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Thanks, I did cook it in a steak sizzling platter, we have had them laying around for years and never used them. Now they have a purpose. We had the shrimp leftover from a shrimp boil they were great ex. large South Carolina shrimp mmmmmmmm
    DB

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    dbishop,
    Well, I'm going to give it a shot in a few days. I love scampi but have been woking mine all this time. It was an impressive presentation.[p]Mike

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    dbishop,
    I've been busy catching up on all the things I ignored while I was organizing the pnw fest. Pesky little things like applying for jobs, cleaning the house (still haven't done that), feeding the family. It'll take me a while to catch up. [p]Gwen