Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elder Wards' Chicken & Dumplings

Options
duckegg
duckegg Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ChickenDumplings.jpg
<p />Tried it for the first time the other night, kind of a fun cook. It came out pretty well I thought, the fabulous Marie and I did get three meals out of it. The tacoes turn quite gelatinous and it turns into a thick soup but very tasty.

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    duckegg,
    That looks good. A good hearty old style feel good meal that would do well with a little Egg rustico flavoring I think.

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    duckegg,[p]I remember speaking with Elder (Carl) Ward about this recipe at last's Eggs by the Bay...he was quite passionate about how this reminded him of his dear old Mothers Chicken and Dumplings back when he was a kid.[p]I had forgot all about it until you posted it here, can you direct me to it's recipe please.[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    Just go up to the top of this page and hit recipes, look for Delta Blues Dumplings.[p]Enjoy