Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Left over beef tenderloin - What to do ??

Memphis
Memphis Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My company had a tailgate party yesterday and I ended up with two beef tenders that are cooked to a solid medium (ugh !) Any ideas what I can do with these ?? I'm Slicing some thin and having sandwiches for lunch today. Just looking for other ideas.

Comments

• Memphis ,[p]Left over beef tenderloin.. Whi ever heard of such??[p] Shred it and make some high fa-luttin' omelets. Dice it up fine and make some dayum fine hash. Dice it up in 1" chucks and make some beef pot pies, or pot roast.[p][p]
  • Memphis ,
    You can also slice thin and use in stirfrys! Dont forget fajitas, or steak gravy and biscuits. Hoss

• Hoss's BBQ,[p] Thing's Slowing down at the Hotel Chef? You going to Maggie Valley?
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Hoss's BBQ,[p]I submit that tenderloin makes a lousy stirfry ingredient. The total absence of fat leaves it with no flavor, and since its already been cooked to a medium or worse, further heat cannot improve it. [p]Having said that, my wife grew up with Asian soups of various kinds, and she still favors them. Lots of homemade broth, shards of various piquant Asian veggies, cabbage, nuoc mam (fish sauce,) basil, cilantro, bean sprouts, and plenty of whatever hot stuff she can find. When she has left over meats available, she'll shred them and toss them in as well. She's used tenderloin on those rare occasions that some was left over. (This soup reminds me a lot of the Vietnamese phò that one would see steeping for days in troughs next to the highways in front of openfront cafès - the dust and flies added to the flavor if one could get past the initial distrust.)