Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally getting started on the outdoor kitchen!!

Options
locolongball
locolongball Posts: 414
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OutdoorKitchen12.jpg
<p />Notre Dame Football kicks off in about 20 days, I got the outdoor kictchen up and running. I knew that I would be doing this someday when I built the house, so I stubbed out Natural Gas, Hot and Cold Water w/ a drian, electric and cable. I can't see spending a ton of money on a gasser when I will just use it for food warming, so I went with this Char-broil from Lowes. I took the shelf off the left side and left the burner on the right.
OutdoorKitchen2.jpg[p] So my kitchen will have two sections, the sink and cutting station on the left of the gas grill. The eggs, and fridge on the right of the gasser.
OutdoorKitchen.jpg[p]I'll keep everyone updated, I plan on adding the sides and counter this weekend. I was going to brick, to match the house. I have found that I don't have enough...so. I'm going to use concrete smart board on the sides, painted and 12" tile on the top. This way I can always come back and rock in at a later time if we want to change it up.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    locker.jpg
    <p />locolongball,
    Looks good! Funny how we feel like we have to apologize about owning a gasser. I have two of them and only use one. See ya next week. -RP

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    locolongball,
    Now that is totally awesome. Charlie Weis would be honored to celebrate the renewed contract with Michigan in that sweet spot!
    I see that you and Snoop are sceduled for Omaha, but are guys definatley gonna be there?
    ST

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    locolongball,
    I would like to talk to you more about this in Omaha. I just had a pergola built on my deck that has a fiberglass top on it to keep dry underneath. Interested in the walls you are doing.

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    That's a thing of beauty, Bryan! That's going to be totally awesome when you get it completed. Hoping you and Amber and youngun's are doing well and Joan and I really are hoping to see ya' next week in Omaha.........
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    locolongball,[p]Sweet!! You are doing exactly what I am planning on doing with my gasser!! Brent thinks I am crazy for "building it in". That'll show him! :)
  • locolongball
    Options
    Yes we are going to Omaha. However, Snoop Dog isn't going he had a dance he couldn't get anyone to cover. So, I'm bringing my wife. Besides, she's much better looking than Chris! LOL!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    locolongball,[p]if you still can, slip some poly strips (as a barrier) under the PT sills. concrete is drier than the wood, and can wick the PT chemicals from the wood over time, leaving you with unprotected wood as a sill.[p]no kidding.[p]one of the most common mistakes in the construction biz.....
    not a huge deal, but in time it will defeat the logic of having used PT wood to begin with

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    locolongball,[p]Wow looks great. So how did you come up with the design? I have almost the exact layout on my patio (I'll need to pour more cement) but have the water and gas coming out of the wall right where you have yours. Are you going to brick or stone the cabinets? Please keep the pictures coming as you progress! [p]Thanks,
    Steve

• locolongball
    Options
    stike,[p]Thanks for the tip.