Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bocon Wrapped Rosemary Pork Loin

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pretty simple cook this weekend with awesome results. I had 1/2 of a whole pork loin, about 4 pounds total. I rubbed it with a simple Q rub in the morning, then about 4pm I snipped about 5 long twigs of rosemary from the garden. I took a knive and made several cuts through the loin top to bottom at an angle and stuffed the rosemary sprigs through the loin. Then I laid a few more on top of the loin. I then took a pound of thick cut bacon and laid it lengthwise on the loin, top and bottom, over the rosemary, and tied it on each end with butchers twine. The whole thing was cooked direct about 250 for 30 minutes (for good smoke) then kicked up to 325-350 for another 45 or so until the inside was 145. I used Orange Wood Pellets for smoke as well as some soaked rosemary sprigs.[p]This was a great meal, served with some baked 'taters and marinated tomatoes (olive oil, fresh basil, and shallots). To top it all off, the weekend weather was nice enough that we ate outside on the patio, that was a REAL treat. Sometimes the simple stuff is the best.[p]Troy

Comments