Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Scott!

Options
ChefRD
ChefRD Posts: 438
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Scott, I followed your method of cooking a pizza today and I made the best one yet. NO burnt crust, etc. With the new plate sitter it worked like a charm, great taste and good crust. Thanks so much for the help yesterday and maybe someday I'll have the time/courage to try your breads.;)
Thanks again and come on out of lurking mode ;)!! You can certainly contribute something here.
thanks,
ChefRD

Comments

• newsense
    newsense Posts: 32
    Options
    ChefRD, I'm glad the place-setter plus a stone worked for you. I think it was a post by Spin that first told me about using a double-width indirect-heat method. After I burned my first batch of bread, it became obvious I had to do something to keep from torching the underside of my bread. The last time I made pizza using the double-width place-setters the crust was fine, but it was a really smoky cook, and the rest of the pizza suffered from too much smoke (I know, it's hard to believe there's such a thing as "too much smoke," but it's true).

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    newsense, Yep it worked great. I have seen others post on using two ceramics (ala spin and tim m), but with your exact directions, and observing it in action, you were the inspiration to just do it again! ;), this time perfect.
    Thanks again,
    ChefRD

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    newsense,
    Scott,
    I am sorry that in my "Summer Fest" write up I called you George. DA, all I can say is that I was brain dead when I got home and typed it up.
    Fireball[p]