Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sauce for Cat's Ribs?

David B.
David B. Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings all,[p]I'm going to try Cat's ribs recipe. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sauce to serve with them, or even if one should be served?[p]David B.

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    David B.,
    I have a couple of smallish Burmese cats at home. Take it from me, the end result of preparing cat's ribs would in no way equal the effort. ;-)[p]Cheers,
    Gretl

• Gretl, Sianese are even more objectionable...! But I think with our darlin "Cat's" ribs recipe, and using a rub for the cook a side sauce would be the way to go.. or no sauce at all. That one is a pandora's box of mixes of hots, sweets, and in betweens..Tasters choice..Now this peeing in the top...??
    I rembember that one well!! A classic.
    My head hurts..
    C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    David B.,
    I would not serve a sauce. The recipe is unique and flavorful...and I would be afraid of screwing up a special flavor......and when done direct, as she cooks them, they are perfect as is.
    Enjoy. You will not be disappointed.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Nature Boy,
    I second the motion ... No Sauce.
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    David B.,[p]If I may pontificate for a moment, like many I've become very set in my ways when it comes to sauce and ribs. For the past while, I've been consistently completely eliminating sauce from the cooking process, then serving the ribs with sauce on the side. 99% of ribs which I consume never touch sauce. People eating ribs I prepare, though, have the option of dipping (I like to offer a couple of types of dipping sauces as choices). I almost never cook the ribs with sauce nor smother them in sauce before serving.[p]JMO,
    Cornfed

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cornfed, I sense that your mother brought you up right. My thinking too! GFW;s nethod is a good one for the sauce side of the forum. But what sauce??
    :-)
    C~W

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Char-Woody,[p]What sauce??? That's a very good question. Lately, I've been consuming Bonesuckin' Hot BBQ Sauce at an alarming rate. I love that stuff. Shake's Sauce is also outstanding. As for homemade, I've used the Memphis Magic recipe in Smoke and Spice with some very good success as well as the Apple City Rib sauce recipe from the same book.[p]I may just have to try the Gretl version, sans the toes, soon, though...[p]How about you?
    Cornfed

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cornfed, well "what sauce" tis the big question..I like that "BoneSuckin" sauce too..Great stuff, and then there is PorkRubbers, and gosh sakes..some great ones mild and sweety to hot and toe curling...whoooooo.
    So tis up to the individual what poison he wishes to take.
    BTW..some of the prize money in contests use plain old KC BBQ sauce..! Tip from a contester. :-)
    Cheers..up and at em.. work to do outside and looks kinda rainy..I hope..very dry here.
    C~W[p]