Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cabelas G-15 Vacuum Sealer....This is the sealer

Options
MR H
MR H Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have worn out 1 regular and 2 professional II vacuum sealers over the past 4 years. I debated what to buy next because fishing is great here in Florida and I will pack a lot of fish. Research came up with the commercial one at Cabelas. It came last Fri just in time for my weekend catches. Let me tell you it will do a job beyond any other sealer I have used. I would recommend this
unit for anyone doing a large amount packaging.[p]Cheers
Howard in Bartow

Comments

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    MR H,
    hi.... which model did ya buy? they have several models at the "bargain cave".... here at the hamburg pa store( as well as tons of bags).... i've been thinking about getting one... i had one of those "homeowner" models in the past .... they never sealed well... please advise... thanks! ray

• MR H
    Options
    ranger ray,
    This sealer is the Cabelas CG-15.

• ranger ray
    Options
    MR H,
    thanks! i just bought the 30 pound meat stuffer/motor, jerky cutter and one horse power grinder( in their bargain cave)..... their products are superb!!!! thanks for the tip! i'm off to cabela's in the morning to get one....ranger ray

• WoodChuck
    WoodChuck Posts: 29
    Options
    MR H,
    Is there a similar one at Bass Pro Shop. The Cabela's is all the way up in Kansas City, Bass Pro is located nine miles north of where I live here in Springfield![p]Thanks in advance![p]Let's ALL RAISE THE BAR - B - Q!

• MR H
    Options
    ranger ray,
    Let me know how you like it[p]Howard in Bartow

• MR H
    Options
    Wood Chuck,
    As far as I know only Cabelas or Weston MGF. has this CG-15[p]Howard In Bartow

• tallgrass
    tallgrass Posts: 4
    Options
    Do a google search for vacum sealers. I bought on from goodegg.com seveal months ago for a lot less than the same model at cabelas, gander mountain, or sportsmans warehouse. Plus no sales tax and when I bought it they had a special with no shipping.

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    I purchased this same model over two and a half years ago and just love it. [p]Very well made and you can contact the company (that manufactures it for Cabelas) directly if you ever need to order any replacement parts.[p]I was very lucky to get a returned, open box unit for half price in the Bargain Cave at the Kansas City store when passing by there during the holidays.
  • ranger ray
    Options
    MR H,
    i just got back from cabella's and tried my new vacuum sealer.... this thing's fantastic!.... soooo much different from the other one i tossed out....thanks for getting me interested in a vacuum sealer again! i ended up getting a meat cuber/tenderizer when i was there too.... i didn't try that yet.... the jerky cutter is one of the best products i have ever bought...in addition to the 1 hp grinder and sausage stuffer from cabela's....rr