Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bones prime rib ?

Options
Don from NJ
Don from NJ Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have a 5lb boneless prime rib, do i need to modify the bone-in recipes for this boneless one?[p]thanks

Comments

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    Don from NJ,[p]As a general rule, boneless meat will cook faster than bone-in. It also needs a higher temperature to avoid drying out (bone seems to help keep things moist).[p]I would advise cooking at 325 until the internal temp reaches 125 (if you want medium rare). Rest for at least 20 minutes covered with foil (or wrapped in foil and thrown in cooler) prior to slicing. Everything else can stay the same as bone-in.[p]Should be fantastic. Please send directions. :-)
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Don from NJ,
    Try a low and slow approach, I do mine at 250 dome till 125, then sear after a 15 minute rest.

• Don from NJ
    Options
    KevinH,[p]
    well, I had success. I let sit out for 45 mins, then rubbed with DP Raising the Steaks & EVOO, , got the egg at about 300 dome, put the prime rib on, took just about 2hrs to get to 125, pulled, foiled, and got the egg crankin up to about 650, after 20 mins, I put the Prime rib back on and seared it nice and good.. turned out perfect! thansk for all the help guys! also did Chubby's chick's Kahluha Cake, can't wait for that...

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    Don from NJ,[p]Dang! You forgot to post directions, or I would have been there.[p]Glad it worked out so well![p]-Kevin