Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EggHatter says this recipe is a keeper!

SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]EggHatter was going through some of her recipe cards and found one called "Apple-Pork Kebabs". The recipe is as follows:[p]2 lbs. boneless pork roast, loin or shoulder (I used tenderloins)
1/4 cup apple juice, bourbon or dark rum (I guess this is the "apple" part, since I used dark rum only)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp coarsley ground black pepper[p]Cut meat into 1-1/2 to 2 inch chunks and place in bowl. Mix other ingredients and pour over the meat mixing until chunks are coated. Marinate for 1 hour to overnight (I went about 1 hour tonight).[p]Thread meat onto skewers and grill on main grid level. Dome temp 300 to 350 turning about every 5 - 6 minutes for a total of about 18 to 20 minutes.[p]Here is the meat in the bowl soaking up the good stuff.[p]P6300001.jpg[p]I used a total of about 4.5 lbs of tenderloin so I doubled the marinade mixture. Here are the finished kebabs on my new green serving platter. The water spots are from the rain that started to come down just before I started taking the kebabs off the Egg. Add a chunk of Guava for some wonderful smoke added.[p]P6300004.jpg[p]And a closeup of the meat.[p]P6300007.jpg[p]Added a baked potato (done in the microwave since we didn't ahead about what to have for a side).[p]EggHatter also did her Gooey Butter Top Cake (in the oven since I didn't think ahead about baking it in the Egg).[p]P6300008.jpg[p]Another easy, quick dinner, plus with cooking that much meat we have some for lunches this week.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    SSN686,
    Those look good and sound easy (my kind of recipe). They've been added to my list of foods to try asap.[p]Thanks,
    Gwen

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    SSN686,
    Oh, that looks good! I've started using cubes made from Costco's really thick boneless pork loin slices (I always buy a pack when I get the $5-off coupon in the mail). It melts in your mouth.[p]What's with that Gooey Butter-Topped Cake? You can't just dangle that in front of our noses and not include that recipe too!

Judy in San Diego
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Morning Judy Mayberry:[p]Gooey Butter Cake recipe[p]CAKE[p]1 pkg. Duncan Hines yellow butter recipe cake mix
    2 eggs
    1 stick melted butter[p]TOPPIING[p]1 box powdered sugar
    2 eggs
    1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened[p]
    Mix cake ingredients and beat until smooth, batter will be stiff. Spread into 9x13 pan. [p]Next mix topping ingredients until smooth. Pour onto cake batter in pan.[p]Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes (until top is slighty browned).[p]For the Egg I use a platesetter (feet down) with a pizza stone on top. Then a grid or copper elbows to hold the pan off the pizza stone (allow air flow under pan).[p]Very easy to make, but be forwarned it is a rich cake (all that butter & sugar).[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    SSN686,
    Jay:Thanks so much. I definitely will try this.[p]Let's give it a new name, though--Heart Attack on a Plate.[p]Judy

Judy in San Diego
  • Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    SSN686,[p]Where can we get the recipe for the cake?
  • Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    SSN686,

I guess I should read all the posts before asking for things, eh??[p]Thanks - this sounds really easy and looks fabulous!!