Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburger and Anduille Sausage Burgers

sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I cooked a recipe (kind of) from the latest issue of one of the food magazines, either Gourmet or Southern Living or something like that. I just used the basic idea of mixing the meats together. There was a great sauce of tomato and mayo if I remember but I didnt have time or the desire to do that. I will try it again as these burgers were great.[p]I mixed about 2 pounds of ground beef, relatively lean, with about a pound of homemade Anduille sausage, very lean. I made 7 patties and grilled them at 350 for around 15-20 minutes with just some salt and pepper and garlic powder added during the cook. At the end I put on some Asiago (sp) cheese and melted it on them. Served on whole wheat buns with whatever condiments the family wanted. We have fresh tomatoes coming out our ears and some corn on the cob was cooked as well, it was a nice side.[p]These burgers were GREAT and I'm interested to try the real recipe now. The sauce seems like it would be a nice accompanyment to the burgers now that I've actually tried the burgers.[p]This opens up a whole new realm of 'sperimenting for me, ground beef with whatever other ground meat I want to add. Could/should be interesting. More reasons to use that meat grinder.[p]Troy

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    sprinter, your on target as usual...many years ago we used to have burger/sausage mixed hamburgers on the farm. Your recipe sounds like a great extra and worth trying again. I have to find me a duck..then a leg of lamb..and back to burgers..:-)
    Thanks for the memories, and don't forget, grilled sausage and Mrs Dogs Disappearing Mustard is a dream sandwich also.
    Cheers to a top notch chef...!
    C~W[p]