Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken breast skin

Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have bone in/skin on chicken breast, I usually have boneless/skinless breast. Would you reccomend removing the skin (i don't eat the skin) before cooking or after the cook??????
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    New Bob,
    Remove it after cooking. Fat under skin will assist in basting.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    JJ,
    Thanks, I just fired up Mr. Egg, washed the breast, almost pulled the skin off but decided to come back to the forum to see if someone responded. My hat is off to you JJ
    New Bob

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    New Bob,
    We do not eat the skin either. It does add to the moistness.

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    New Bob,
    Bob, for sure leave the skin on untill you have finished the cook.It will take very little effort to remove it & as J.J said, it will keep in an moisture locked in.
    Let us know how thing turn out.[p]Earl

• olblue
    olblue Posts: 42
    Being exceedingly lazy, I have cooked and will continue to cook boneless skinned breasts on the Egg. The outside can char and be a little dry but not really objectionable. The inside is very moist.[p]
  • olblue,[p]I've been enjoying boneless/skinless chicken breasts on the egg for years. My wife recently came home with a bag of boneless/skinless chickens thighs. If you haven’t tried the b/s thighs yet they’re great on the egg.[p]Breasts or thighs? Either way you can’t go wrong![p]Happy Egging!
    OctoberGlory

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    New Bob, I'm used to removing the skin a few minutes before plating the chicken, but now I've started wondering if I couldn't just plop the skin on the grate and crisp it up (instead of discarding it). Anybody ever try it?