Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thirdeye - Buckboard question

Options
Memphis
Memphis Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to start with a loin - canadian bacon. Is the cure ratio about 1 1/2 Tblsp per pound of meat ?? Plan on curing in a vac pac for about ten days. Sound right ?? I lost the link to your instructions - how about posting that again.
Thanks

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Memphis,[p]It's about time for me to make another batch, thanks for reminding me. The cure amount is based on weight and the cure time is based on thickness. Your amount is in the ballpark but I only go about 6 days on a loin. 10 days is for a butt that is 3-1/2" thick. I now prefer using the vacuum bags. I don't take them to a full vacuum before sealing (I override the machine) so that the juices that are produced can flow easily. I turn every other day.[p]Here is the link to my cookin' site. Buckboard is in the PORK section. Within my page are links to Hi Mountains site with their instructions if you need to check them out too. [p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery