Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping mikeb6109

Options
City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    Hey City Slicker,[p]How did the sirloin roast turn out? I would love to hear a report.[p]Thanks,
    Kevin

• City Slicker
    Options
    KevinH,
    The roast was ok, but I think I can do better. It took just under three hours to get to 135 internal. I wimped out on that, to my loss. Put it in the cooler for a 20 min and the temp climbed to 145. I thought <perfect> Well the first 1 1/2 inches in from the end were well done, but the rest of the roast, the huge part, was medium rare. It tasted fine, had marinated for 4 hours with Italian dressing and then dried and rubbed with salt and pepper and Montreal Steak Spice. Should have trusted you with the 125 temp, have a lot of roast that is getting chopped up into a potatoe hash. OH, the dome temp held steady at 350 for over two hours, I put the temp alarm on and went to watch some of the race, came back up and the dome temp was at 410, it was real windy here. I think that might of been the reason for the outside getting dried out.

sirloin-tip-roast.gif

Didn't get a shot of the meat on the platter, it got grabbed and tossed on the table soon as I turned my back.
    Thanks for your help, will pull earlier next time.