Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to set Polder thermometer

Turkey
Turkey Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need some help with my thermometer. I have a thermometer that I am 99% certain is made by Polder for William's and Sonoma. I have lost the directions and can't figure out how to set a custom temp alarm. I'm sure you can do it but don't know how and I am usually good at figuring these things out by random button pushing.[p]Can someone help? Maybe you can't customize it?[p]Turkey.[p]BTW- Going to get my Egg today!!! A Glorious day indeed. I am almost officially one of the gang. Any particular initiation I should know about?

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    polder.jpg
    <p />Turkey,[p]Actually, Polder does not make any thermometers, they are made in China and Polder as well as a million others buy them with their names on them. That is why we call them Polder type thermometers. Pictured is the instant read on the left and the original Polder type on he right. Since setting the one on the right isn't too hard, you must have one of the new models -- correct or not? I don't have a new one so I can't help you but at least others will know which one you have.[p]Tim
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Turkey, I got up too early.. I will let TimM answer it. :-)
    C~W[p]

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Turkey,
    I have a new Taylor thermomter. I have scaned the instruction manual and will send it to you if you respond with you're email address.
    B D

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Turkey, the only initiation is to just cook something as soon as you can. Try chicken, burgers or whatever you will, but cook someting. Once you start, you'll never look back. Welcome.

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    View?u=1692104&a=12990706&p=48888783
    <p />Turkey,
    Just learned how to post photos. So heres the instruction manual. I hope!
    B D