Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Talk about a wonderful, but lopsided trade! :OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,977
Back in early September a new egger joined our ranks who loves to work with wood much like I do, but this guy is talented while I by comparison turn wood into sawdust! His offer which I couldn't refuse was to send me a 13.5x7.5x.75 cutting board he made from black walnut, cherry and soft curly maple all locally harvested there in VA. He even makes his own board conditioner and soon to be from his own beehives to boot! No way did my trading him a gasket measure up to compensating him for this cutting board...but in his own words "We both provided minimal amount of materials, with large amounts of passion. That's as equal as it can get." 

Comments

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 566
    very nice!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • Beautiful board, and beautiful exchange. 
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,396
    Excellent gift!  I have been making cutting boards and serving trays for a year now.  I usually give them as gifts and it is one of the great pleasures of retirement.  I really enjoy making them (we harvest our own wood as well) and I get a second thrill seeing the appreciation when you gift one!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Bombdiggity! @WesJohnson is a real stand up guy 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    RRP said:
    Back in early September a new egger joined our ranks who loves to work with wood much like I do, but this guy is talented while I by comparison turn wood into sawdust! His offer which I couldn't refuse was to send me a 13.5x7.5x.75 cutting board he made from black walnut, cherry and soft curly maple all locally harvested there in VA. He even makes his own board conditioner and soon to be from his own beehives to boot! No way did my trading him a gasket measure up to compensating him for this cutting board...but in his own words "We both provided minimal amount of materials, with large amounts of passion. That's as equal as it can get." 

that is awesome
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    Beautiful exchange right there.  Great closing sentiments in that post.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    RRP said:

im sure he is going to cook with the gasket,  but are you going to use it as a cutting board =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,630
    edited September 26
    That is awesome!

Was it John Wesson, the archenemy of Wes Johnson?

Edit:  

https://www.pileatedwoodworksusa.com/  

Some real nice stuff here!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,977
    kl8ton said:
    That is awesome!

https://www.pileatedwoodworksusa.com/  

Some real nice stuff here!
    I agree! Thank you for posting that link.
  • Wow, what a great looking board -- and tremendous gesture, too!
    Stillwater, MN