Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your travel plans this 2024?

Hello everyone, we are already in the mid-year of 2024, Where do you guys want to travel? I've been thinking a lot about where I want to travel this year.... A few places have me really excited. I'm wanted to travel between Greece and Egypt for my vacation. Not sure which one to pick yet since I want to go with the better deals. I'm looking forward to relaxing on a nice beach and checking out some historical sites.

Seeing new cultures is something I've always wanted to do. I think it would be so cool to experience what life is like in different countries. 

let's share our trip ideas! 

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    If everything goes alright I would like to go to the mountains in East Kentucky. It’s a bit iffy though. My parents have to be taken to a lot of doctors visits. There are some other issues but I have some relatives who lurk on the site sometimes, 3 of them have Eggs though I was the first. I love to go to the mountains when it’s like Satan’s Armpit here.
  • alltoowelltay
    alltoowelltay Posts: 13
    I do the same, I like to go mountains when I need some peace of mind. It does really help! Hoping for your parents to be well.  :)
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    We do 3 trips - one to visit family in Central Florida (Disney, water skiing/boating, St. Augustine Beach), one to visit family on Cape Cod, and one to somewhere else.  This year, that somewhere else is the Florida Keys.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    We do 3 trips - one to visit family in Central Florida (Disney, water skiing/boating, St. Augustine Beach), one to visit family on Cape Cod, and one to somewhere else.  This year, that somewhere else is the Florida Keys.
    Your activities are my favorite things to do and I love water skiing also and i had more fun of it... I think Florida will be great with those activities. mine will be in Egypt, last year we've been to Disney also but I thought we will go for more cultural and historic type of destination... and  then accidentally I stumbled on this article https://gowithguide.com/blog/egypt-tourism-statistics-2023-all-you-need-to-know-5312 this convinced me more to go to Egypt than Greece.. I hope you have fun with your family trip!
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    Exercise caution when clonking on lonks from unknown sources.  😁
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • you mean the link? my bad... I should really take caution of it  :| Thank you so much for the reminder.  
  • xavier233
    xavier233 Posts: 20

I'd love to travel to a place where the skies are painted with hues of crimson and gold, where the air is sweet with the scent of exotic spices, and where the sound of ancient drums echoes through the streets. I'm dreaming of Morocco, where the vibrant souks of Marrakech beckon me to explore their winding alleys, and the majestic Atlas Mountains stand tall, waiting to be conquered.

I envision myself wandering through the bustling markets, discovering hidden gems and marveling at the intricate architecture of the ancient mosques. I'd indulge in the rich flavors of Moroccan cuisine, from the spicy tagines to the sweet pastries, and wash it all down with a steaming cup of mint tea.

But Morocco is just the beginning. I'd also love to venture into the Sahara Desert, where the endless dunes stretch out like a golden sea, and the stars shine bright in the night sky. I'd ride a camel across the desert, feeling the wind in my hair and the sun on my face, and camp under the stars, listening to the whispers of the ancient trade routes.

That's my dream destination for 2024 – a place where the boundaries of time and space blur, and the magic of the unknown awaits around every corner.