Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SALADO EGGFEST …. For anyone who remembers the fun times of yesteryear

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,675
Hello to the 7 people who might remember me and the 1000 who remembers the SALADO EGGFEST. 
I stumbled onto this blog the Chicken masterfully put together over several years. Please look to the left side and Leroy picked all the FESTS up into this blog. 
Thought some you may enjoy some great memories. I sure did. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,971
    edited April 12
    Options
    Some great old school egg history in that blog. Salado is still the best there ever was. It was the first one I ever attended and I thought “wow- this is amazing, I need to do more of these”. Then when I did Austin I was like “wtf, this sucks” haha. Didn’t have the soul that you built in Salgado. When Salado went corporate, I went once and that’s the last eggfest I have been to. You built something really cool, Mickey. I miss it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    Thanks for posting that Mickey! I sure recognized many there and even recalled their "egg-handle-names"! Sadly, though very few of them still hang around here now...
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    How many days to Salado??

https://7is7.com/otto/countdown.html
    New Albany, Ohio 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    Being what Mickey's post was then I feel it was worthy of a GREAT Friday night bump especially for sake of those eggers who might not check in other than on the weekend. The thread has videos made by the Spring Chicken. Though Leroy (Spring Chicken) never posts here anymore I'm proud to say there is barely a day go by that we do not communicate about our lives outside of "eggdom". So this morning I told him about Mickey's post  and how much I enjoyed watching this YouTube historical recordings of those great times by great eggers doing great things at their own costs without any sponsorship by BGE, nor even charging non-eggers to attend. It WAS a different era...

BTW Leroy told me he himself also would have chosen this video amongst the other ones posted in Mickey's thread.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR85iXQ2eiQ&list=UUd8OXP_tkp28l2eMVZJHBXg&index=11