Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eye of Round Rost-isserie

Options
So yea… I cooked it on a big green egg  :D

pocked up a rotisserie for a gasser at Goodwill for 6 bucks. Going to work it on top of my old xl base. 

Used an eye of round roast, because I had one, it’s cheap, and just experimenting. Besides being a little tough flavor was great. Garlic herb butter set it off. Crust was good and kids loved it. Fun cook. 

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,525
    Options
    Score!   B)  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,055
    Options
    I’d hit it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,593
    Options
    Love the C-clamps. Last year I installed an el cheapo brand new rotisserie on a recycled gasser, to be fuelled by charcoal banked to the rear. Have not tried cooking with it yet. If it doesn't work well then I'll have to think about emptying my XL flower pot!
    canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    Options
    Awesome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,687
    Options
    Love the C-clamps. Last year I installed an el cheapo brand new rotisserie on a recycled gasser, to be fuelled by charcoal banked to the rear. Have not tried cooking with it yet. If it doesn't work well then I'll have to think about emptying my XL flower pot!
    I have to admit, the C-clamps made me cringe a little until I realized it was an old base.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,543
    Options
    I like your style!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"