Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked pork tenderloin fried rice

Options
2»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Once you identify and confirm the dispersive viscosity of your rice you can judge the proper stick gap and then proceed with scooping and eating.  
    Cooked rice is closer to a viscoelastic solid than a viscous liquid, and what matters here is the interfacial response and not the bulk as much.  That is a very long way of pointing out that you are a gigantic dork.
    Hmmm.  I have always thought of rice as similar to unstable soil.  I may need to rethink about it after cooked.  I do agree the interfacial response is ultimately the most important.

This reminds me of a Mongolian Grill place I used to eat at.  You paid 1 price depending on bowl size.  I found you could weave snow pea pods togther and make side boards around the bowl like on a dump truck.  You could easily double and if careful triple the standard amount a single bowl holds.
    I am truly impressed. Bravo, sir!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    This is the content I'm here for.
    NOLA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,561
    edited February 3
    Options
    Nice but no chopsticks, blasphemy  ;)

ive learned that eating at my neighbors, bring a fork, well, or, eat with my hands ;) nobody wants to see that

if i were at home the rice would get shoveled between two pieces of white bread....why pick up one grain at a time =) when you can eat it as a sandwich
    You are missing the fish for the beads. Once you become a master beader (nod @GrateEggspectations) you'll be able to pick up the whole fish or pick bones off the fish. 

canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,499
    Options
    fishlessman said:
    if i were at home the rice would get shoveled between two pieces of white bread....why pick up one grain at a time =) when you can eat it as a sandwich
    Carbohydrate spread on carbohydrate bread.  

I bet you like Pierogis, too... :tongue: 

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 377
    Options
    I'm a little late to this thread, so this is close to being off-topic. One ingredient I like very much in fried rice are halved green grapes. Nice if they get grilled first, too.
    For rice on white bread, add some mayonnaise. It helps hold the rice on and adds some welcome calories and flavor.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,171
    edited February 4
    Options
    Corv said:
    I'm a little late to this thread, so this is close to being off-topic. One ingredient I like very much in fried rice are halved green grapes. Nice if they get grilled first, too.
    For rice on white bread, add some mayonnaise. It helps hold the rice on and adds some welcome calories and flavor.
    I spent a lot of time in north central India with suppliers.  Not sure if they always eat it, or think it is what yanks eat, but every lunch they would serve is mayonnaise sandwiches.  Literally white bread with mayonnaise.  I could be happy to never see one again.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,021
    Options
    Corv said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Botch said:
    fishlessman said:

Don’t hate on double starch. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,171
    Options
    caliking said:
    Botch said:
    fishlessman said:

Don’t hate on double starch. 
    Wait till you hear about grilled grapes in fried rice!  (Which I definitely am going to try)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,810
    Options
    Corv said:

ricearoni with ketchup on white........almost as good as a cold bean sandwich
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it