Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - I won?! Yoder YS480s - OT

Options

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Heya!

I’ve prolly watched every single YouTube about this ring while I wait to hear back from them..

can you run a pellet grill without pellets?

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    That is awesome man. I thought maybe you would have to pay income taxes on the prize as well. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    The income tax is lurking but likely can be "forgotten".  Great package. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,145
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I have a fedex shipping notice from Wichita (I have fedex plus or whatever it’s called)…

33 lbs…

maybe this is a “toy Yoder…”

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    edited December 2023
    Options
    She won in the end, we got you 🤣
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,140
    Options
    UPDATE - 

I got an email asking me to call to cover the sales tax for the giveaway. Ever had to do that for a prize you’ve won?

it was $24

I called immediately lol. Guy said they’d be back in touch with delivery info. Also asked him if my idea had gotten through to them about upgrading to the larger version with competition setup? He said, “we were able to upgrade you, yes.” Nothing was said about charging me anything more than the sales tax. 

I’ll update again when more comes my way. Interesting, right? This is a very cool experience. 
    Dang.  I'm going to setup a "drawing" for a prize. Free entry.  Then I'm calling every person who entered and telling them they won, then going to ask for $75 in sales tax.  Then shift all the money over to a different account and shut down everything related to the give-a-way.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Matt1969
    Options
    Hello friends!

I entered a contest at All Things BBQ and got an email that I’d won their November prize package. Included will be a Yoder YS480s. 

I’m thinking about emailing and upgrading to the next size up with the competition cart, if they’ll let me..

anyway. It isn’t here yet, and I’m a pessimist. This thing weighs like 280 pounds lol. We’ll see!

I’m very interested to see how this turns out!
    8-Damien

Hey ! I have an XL BGE as well as the YS640 Comp cart. Great set up ! Enjoy . 
    Cambridge, Ontario , Canada . XL BGE
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    At 33lbs it may just be the tax paperwork you need to fill out, have notarized, and send back. Then they can put you in line for the goods. 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Today’s delivery…
    Nice!!  When does the big unit arrive?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Today’s delivery…
    Nice!!  When does the big unit arrive?
    No word on that yet… they said I should have expected shipping last week. It’s a holiday I’ll give em to the new year…. :) 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    Great news!!! They could have floated that sucker up your driveway today😂⛈️⛈️
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Great news!!! They could have floated that sucker up your driveway today😂⛈️⛈️
    FedEx told me they approved for a lift gate. 

Did they think we were gonna lift it out of the truck by hand?! lol!

also - they can’t maneuver stairs - so the single step up to where it’ll live will be a challenge…
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• lousubcap
    Options
    Been there with a freight delivery company and the shipping deal was to deliver to the base of driveway as it came off a semi-truck.  Showed up in the predicted two hour window.  Talked to the driver who had a pallet jack (needed to get the rig off the truck-aka lift gate 390 lbs crated) and asked if me or he could use it to run the rig to the top of the driveway.  (Small incline).  He agreed and we got it where I could then deal with the uncrating and follow-on placement.  One step down was the extent of any verticals.
    Good luck as this is a minor deal in the grand scheme of things.  Again congrats on the win. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    FedEx Freight just called. They have a 424 pound pallet that says “grill” on it. Will Thursday be ok for delivery?
    Awesome!!  I’ve never known anyone who won one of these give away!  Always thought they were fake or winners weren’t so random.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Been there with a freight delivery company and the shipping deal was to deliver to the base of driveway as it came off a semi-truck.  Showed up in the predicted two hour window.  Talked to the driver who had a pallet jack (needed to get the rig off the truck-aka lift gate 390 lbs crated) and asked if me or he could use it to run the rig to the top of the driveway.  (Small incline).  He agreed and we got it where I could then deal with the uncrating and follow-on placement.  One step down was the extent of any verticals.
    Good luck as this is a minor deal in the grand scheme of things.  Again congrats on the win. 
    Gotta be careful about saying this before Thursday, but FedEx around here has an EXTREMELY liberal interpretation of what our street numbers are. 

I’m HOPING they get it to the driveway lol

FedEx Freight just called. They have a 424 pound pallet that says “grill” on it. Will Thursday be ok for delivery?
    Awesome!!  I’ve never known anyone who won one of these give away!  Always thought they were fake or winners weren’t so random.

Thanks brother! I could have a very lucrative career being a “cooler” in Vegas. I guess when it rains it pours. 

I’m seriously the world’s biggest loser. 
    Pretty cool!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    2024 started off right for you! Have fun with the new toy

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    Awesome Damien!!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Nothing like messing about with a new Q toy.  Unless the pellets are arriving solo you can select your own desired wood flavours (nod).  Quite a rig. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    That thing is awesome- good things for good people. Enjoy it!
    Greensboro, NC
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 689
    Options
    Dang. Any up charge for the other model? 
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Elijah said:
    Dang. Any up charge for the other model? 
    None. :) 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 689
    Options
    Double dang. Congratulations!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    That is so cool!!  Can’t wait to see some of your cooks on it
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    I’m enjoying this thread and excited for you. I entered the contest so I’m happy to see your experience. Looking forward to your first cook. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Deadbase_72
    Options
    Well done! I've had my 640S for a while. It's a beast. Use it ALL the time.