Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2023 Nov 24-26 OT

Options
The season finale.  Race weekend schedule here: All times EST.   (Carried on the ABC/ESPN suite.  Coverage to be updated later this week.)

26 Nov

Race

08:00

25 Nov

Qualifying

09:00 - 10:00

25 Nov

Practice 3

05:30 - 06:30

24 Nov

Practice 2

08:00 - 09:00

24 Nov

Practice 1

04:30 - 05:30

The race course:

Yas Marina Circuit

Abu_Dhabi_Circuitpng
Lights out one last time in 2023.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,489
    Options
    Channel coverage for the above race events:
    Practice 1 and 2: ESPNU.
    Practice 3 and Qualifying: ESPN2.
    Race: ESPN. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,183
    Options
    I wonder what is going to happen to the middle east, now that their strangle hold on oil is slipping?  They tried to cut production to prop up prices, but they world just laughed and prices are still dropping.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I wonder what is going to happen to the middle east, now that their strangle hold on oil is slipping?  They tried to cut production to prop up prices, but they world just laughed and prices are still dropping.

We have seen this scenario before.  The Middle East always survives. The strangle hold loses grip over time and they adapt and eventually rally once again. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,098
    Options
    I give them credit for running the race in the correct (proper?) direction.  🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Which way is North...23 scheduled races with the May race in Italy cancelled due to excessive flooding. So 22 races executed (assuming Abu Dhabi happens) with 11 CW and 11 CCW. BTW- the cancelled race was CCW.  FWIW-
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bump as the show begins Friday.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Below is the grid for Sunday's final race of the season:
    Cla   Nº   Driver   Car / Engine   Time   Delay 
    1 Max Verstappen Red Bull/Honda RBPT 1'23.445  
    16 Charles Leclerc Ferrari 1'23.584 0.139
    81 Oscar Piastri McLaren/Mercedes 1'23.782 0.337
    63 George Russell Mercedes 1'23.788 0.343
    4 Lando Norris McLaren/Mercedes 1'23.816 0.371
    22 Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri/Honda RBPT 1'23.968 0.523
    14 Fernando Alonso Aston Martin/Mercedes 1'24.084 0.639
    27 Nico Hülkenberg Haas/Ferrari 1'24.108 0.663
    11 Sergio Pérez Red Bull/Honda RBPT 1'24.171 0.726
    10  10 Pierre Gasly Alpine/Renault 1'24.548 1.103
    11  44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1'24.359 0.914
    12  31 Esteban Ocon Alpine/Renault 1'24.391 0.946
    13  18 Lance Stroll Aston Martin/Mercedes 1'24.422 0.977
    14  23 Alexander Albon Williams/Mercedes 1'24.439 0.994
    15  3 Daniel Ricciardo AlphaTauri/Honda RBPT 1'24.442 0.997
    16  55 Carlos Sainz Jr. Ferrari 1'24.738 1.293
    17  20 Kevin Magnussen Haas/Ferrari 1'24.764 1.319
    18  77 Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo/Ferrari 1'24.788 1.343
    19  24 Zhou Guanyu Alfa Romeo/Ferrari 1'25.159 1.714
    20  2 Logan Sargeant Williams/Mercedes
    Lights out Sunday AM (EST) one last time this year. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    No surprise at the winner:  Verstappen (19th win in 22 races) followed by Leclerc and Russell.  Clean race.  Constructor's Cup positioning for second and third (behind Red Bull) contributed to a bit of interest.
    Heard that Verstappen was the only driver to complete every lap of every race this year.  22 races for the season and figure 55-60 laps per race.  The dominance is revealed as he led for over 1000 laps this season. 
    Next up, Bahrain Feb 29-Mar 2, 2024.  See ya then!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,183
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    No surprise at the winner:  Verstappen (19th win in 22 races) followed by Leclerc and Russell.  Clean race.  Constructor's Cup positioning for second and third (behind Red Bull) contributed to a bit of interest.
    Heard that Verstappen was the only driver to complete every lap of every race this year.  22 races for the season and figure 55-60 laps per race.  The dominance is revealed as he led for over 1000 laps this season. 
    I read, because I cannot see the races, that Max has a unique overtaking style that leads to his dominance.  Basically late braking and willing to dive in and use the entire legal line.

Is that true?  Is his style that much different?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,042
    edited November 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I read, because I cannot see the races, that Max has a unique overtaking style that leads to his dominance.  Basically late braking and willing to dive in and use the entire legal line.

Is that true?  Is his style that much different?

http://youtu.be/BzudNBBUzJc?si=OmJOMk87cvKofh8P
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - You really should figure out how to get ESPN and ESPN2 beamed into your house.  Add ABC and you should be able to watch them all.  Now, if a one television household then I get that SWMBO has the remote! =)
  • lousubcap
    Options
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    The Ferrari strategy was horrible to end a horrible season. They are so far behind on the car development they can’t afford to make strategy mistakes. Now they may change drivers at the end of next season? Enzo must be furious somewhere…

83 days to next season!

Cheers,

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Testing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8WHY3Gusx0

https://youtu.be/s8WHY3Gusx0?si=GMM3oMTJFx9bUSeG

EDIT:  Okay, this is interesting.  As some of you know I'd started a **** thread in the OT section about the battle between Ewetube and my ad blocker (a Safari extension called Vinegar).  ET announced a crackdown on ad blockers a few weeks ago, and for quite a time I couldn't watch certain videos, then either I or the Vinegar folks would find a workaround, and I'd have access again.  Yesterday a pop-up window came on saying I could only watch three videos with my ad blocker on, then viewing would be disabled.  Today that pop-up window came on with NO access whatsoever, we'll see if the Vinegar folks can find another workaround.

BUT, it gave me an idea.  Most content creators I follow do have their own websites, with Contact Information, bios, merch, and often a list of their videos.... hmm!  First I tried macmost.com; Gary puts out excellent, 5-minute tutorials on how to do just about anything on Apple gear.  I searched his videos, picked out a random one, and it played perfectly with no ads!  Yes!  Then I tried Sam the Cooking Guy's website, he didn't have a list of his videos there (perhaps they're buried individually with the original recipes, will have to look at that).  Then I tried the above video (which Marquez had promised and I knew some here would be interested).  Ad-blocker pop-up wouldn't let me play the video, BUT I was able to copy both the "Share" link and the address link at the top, and post them both here.  We CAN click on the video, with no blocking OR ads!  I found MKBHT/Marquez's home website, it lists his videos but they redirect to EweTube and then its blocked.  

Now, I wouldn't suggest posting ewetube video links on this forum just so I/you can view them, @MrBuffalo would get pissed, and you guys would make fun of the midget/farm animal pr0n art videos that I favor.  But, I've set up a separate Safari profile where all the Favorites are creators' websites; so far I'm batting one for three but we'll see.  I'll be duplicating this post in my BotchBitch thread in the OT section, just to update there as things move along.  

Hope you enjoy the F1 dive above, I learned a few things.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN