Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Some nice people out there

Options
We like art and have picked up a lot of pieces over the years - both in galleries via private sales. Some very good deals to be had when buying privately, and so it’s a bit of a sport of mine to pursue the thrill of a deal. 

A few days back, I bought a local artist’s piece from an individual seller for a very small fraction of its original price. When I met the seller, they explained that they were moving and were selling off their art. They asked if I knew of the artist and I explained that we already had one of his paintings and that further, the artist had taught my wife’s grandfather how to paint decades and decades and decades back. My wife’s grandfather ultimately spent many years painting before passing away several years ago. 

Yesterday, the seller contacted me to tell me that they found another work by the same artist in their basement and wanted us to have it. When I tried to insist on payment, they were emphatic that they wanted to gift it to us. 

We pick it up today. I’ll have a nice bottle of wine in hand for them to enjoy in their new home. 

Some really great folks out there (including on this forum!).

Comments