Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blues Hog sauces in squirt bottles??? I never saw them before!

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,503
    Options
    All you horrible people are filling our oceans with used plastic squeeze bottles and choking all the killer whales.  

That's why they've learned to gang up on yachts to turn them over (no ****, I saw that headline, didn't read the article because I'm retired and I don't wanna)

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    RRP said:
    Excuse me, Pete...and NOW I AM using the draft option here so as to re-think something before posting it since there is no working STFU option in my feeble mind! 

No need to get excited!!! Just suggesting you try something different!!! Please don’t take it so harshly!!! It’s just bbq sauce!!! 😁
  • OviedoGoddess
    Options
    RRP said:
    Excuse me, Pete...and NOW I AM using the draft option here so as to re-think something before posting it since there is no working STFU option in my feeble mind! 

No need to get excited!!! Just suggesting you try something different!!! Please don’t take it so harshly!!! It’s just bbq sauce!!! 😁
    Why don't you give it a rest?  RRP has said he has an approach that works for him, using the original stuff in a jar.  So what if he has an extra dish to clean?  Maybe if you can't handle a little extra cleaning or some gunk on a jar you shouldn't be barbecuing in the first place.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,688
    Options
    I wonder how many times Heinz has reached out
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• pgprescott
    edited May 2023
    Options
    RRP said:

Why don't you give it a rest?  RRP has said he has an approach that works for him, using the original stuff in a jar.  So what if he has an extra dish to clean?  Maybe if you can't handle a little extra cleaning or some gunk on a jar you shouldn't be barbecuing in the first place.
    Makes no difference to me what anyone chooses really. If you’d like to stay behind the advancements, go right ahead. Simply pointed out the other side of squeeze bottles. Now, if you’d tried it and still feel it’s inferior in so many ways I’d at least listen. I think you can still buy yellow mustard in a jar, but almost nobody does. They pay the dollar more for the sliced bread option. Either way, it’s bbq sauce. Now, if you want to get nasty about it, we can debate sauce vs. no sauce! 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳 🤷🏼‍♂️😁😁😁

oh, I forgot to capitalize a bunch of words for harshness. 😁
  • PhinnGerbang
    Options
    The squirters vs the spoons is normally a battle I'd expect to see on a different kind of forum.  
    Yes that is my real name.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Following this one this weekend for sure. 

Jars suck for sauces by the way. And squirt bottles are better most of the time. Except sour cream. That requires a container and spoon because there is something unnatural about squirting a line of sour cream on a taco or potato. 
    I disliked. Sour cream should be squirtable. Nearly impossible to get it to land where you want it to with a spoon. I need even distribution of the sour cream!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    RRP said:

Makes no difference to me what anyone chooses really. If you’d like to stay behind the advancements, go right ahead. Simply pointed out the other side of squeeze bottles. Now, if you’d tried it and still feel it’s inferior in so many ways I’d at least listen. I think you can still buy yellow mustard in a jar, but almost nobody does. They pay the dollar more for the sliced bread option. Either way, it’s bbq sauce. Now, if you want to get nasty about it, we can debate sauce vs. no sauce! 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳 🤷🏼‍♂️😁😁😁

oy vay. Give it a rest already. I know the brown water takes over after a certain point,  but quit  being a richard. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,057
    Options
    @caliking , you need to work on your dolloping distribution skills. 🥔 🌮   With enough practice, you’ll be able to dollop a po-tot from 10 feet away. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,032
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    @caliking , you need to work on your dolloping distribution skills. 🥔 🌮   With enough practice, you’ll be able to dollop a po-tot from 10 feet away. 

#sorry #notsorry 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    Options
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

oy vay. Give it a rest already. I know the brown water takes over after a certain point,  but quit  being a richard. 
    Stay in your lane richard Dr. 👍🏻
  • PhinnGerbang
    Options
    Close, but he works on the other side. Although something tells me that's not the first time you've gotten your inputs and outputs confused.  
    Yes that is my real name.
  • pgprescott
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Close, but he works on the other side. Although something tells me that's not the first time you've gotten your inputs and outputs confused.  
    That’s right. He’s an ah*le Dr. 😂

thanks for the correction. You’re correct. 
  • ThermanMurch
    Options
    Thank you all for this glorious thread.  As it's Sunday, I am going to name this the Jesus thread because it is a never ending flow of milk and honey.  As soon as I think it must be finished, nope, there's always more.  It's a miracle.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    Thank you all for this glorious thread. 
    You are welcome! I have been racking my feeble brain trying to figure out what other mundane controversy I could start to create another sh*tstorm over nothing! :|
  • pgprescott
    Options
    RRP said:
    Thank you all for this glorious thread. 
    You are welcome! I have been racking my feeble brain trying to figure out what other mundane controversy I could start to create another sh*tstorm over nothing! :|
    Hey Ron, it’s like Seinfeld. One of the single greatest shows ever. It’s a show about nothing. That’s rarified air. Pure gold, gold I tell ya  😜
  • caliking
    edited May 2023
    Options

Yes, you are right. 

What’s a colonoscope? It’s a device with an azzhole at each end. 

• caliking
    Options

• pgprescott
    Options
    caliking said:

Yes, you are right. 

What’s a colonoscope? It’s a device with an azzhole at each end. 
    No, it was the troll. I just acknowledged my error. I like the inside game humor though. Nice
    to see someone not take themselves too seriously. Even in a serious business. 👍🏻
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    For the record - what actually is rather funny is a minute after I started this tread I slapped my head - since for 21 years I have been making as well as storing AND giving away a home made BBQ sauce in squirt bottles!

But it is NOT thick like Blue Hogs Original which I buy in jars and I find IT to be very thick. That is what got this whole DUMB thread started in my mind! Then as the replies came in from you, Pete, I dug in my heels which I should not have done.

Now...PEACE...White Flag...etc etc etc on this Memorial Day weekend. OK???
  • pgprescott
    Options
    RRP said:
    For the record - what actually is rather funny is a minute after I started this tread I slapped my head - since for 21 years I have been making as well as storing AND giving away a home made BBQ sauce in squirt bottles!

But it is NOT thick like Blue Hogs Original which I buy in jars and I find IT to be very thick. That is what got this whole DUMB thread started in my mind! Then as the replies came in from you, Pete, I dug in my heels which I should not have done.

I was just clowning Ron. I try those smiley faces like @fishlessman but doesn’t help I guess. Heck it’s just BBQ sauce. Hopefully, this humorous thread did not spoil what has been a glorious holiday weekend in our area weather wise. Enjoy what’s left. Of course, as you well know, they are all holiday weekends for you retired guys.  👍🏼😁
  • pgprescott
    Options
    caliking said:

Who’s the older guy with the scraggly grey beard in the meme you’re talking to? I see his face but don’t recognize him. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😁😁😁
  • caliking
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Put your glasses on, old man. I have way more hair on my pate. Besides, I prolly resemble the bearded guy more =)

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,057
    Options
    RRP said:

Heinz ketchup is thick too, but it still comes in squirt bottles as well as the aggravating glass bottles that you gotta spank. Maybe the squirt hole on the plasticized hog sauce bottle is bigger in circumference than a typical squirt hole.  I bet that’s it. 
  • AlmaHolzhert
    Options
    I'm glad to see someone in this thread finally brought up the size of the holes.  People often try to jam things into or through holes that really aren't big enough, with all kinds of consequences.  
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,590
    Options
    ^^^Well with a name like that you should know 😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....