Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day Menus

Options
I went freezer diving tonight to pull something out for this weekend. I haven’t used the BGE in about a month as she needed a new gasket and I’ve been getting to know my new Blackstone. New gasket arrives tomorrow, thanks RRP. 

I’m going to smoke up this pork but and do some baked beans with some brisket I froze. I might also do a skillet corn bread. 

What are your plans?
XL BGE
Plainfield, IL.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Long story I suppose - but my plan is to bake one of my Triple Chocolate and Kahlua cakes to give to a KINDLY neighbor family who is having a family celebration!  

Memorial Day weekend celebrations can mean different things to different people I suppose! :)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,300
    Options
    Not sure exactly what I will make yet but it will be marinated with this. First time that I have seen this yuzu variety. Walmart had 3 different flavors, regular, hot, and yuzu.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Sunday is brisket as that is the National Day.  Monday likely left over brisket in some fashion.  TBD.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
     left over brisket
    What's that?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    Rain…..