Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mississippi Roast for Sandwiches

Recently fractured my foot and had surgery. Really can’t do anything on the Egg right now. I can’t navigate the steps going outside, so I decided to pull out the crock pot yesterday. Cooked a chuck roast (~ 4 lb.) 8 hours.

1/4 c butter
1 pack Hidden Valley mix
1 pack Au Jus dry mix
4 or 5 Pepperoncini peppers (add more if you want) 
Added some beef stock as well. About a cup I guess. You will need if you want some au jus. 

With one hour left in the cooking process, poured majority of the juices into my fat separator and placed in the fridge. When the roast was done I pulled and left in the crock pot on the warm setting. Took a sauce pan and poured the juices from the fridge into the pan. Heated to a boil and simmered for about 15 min. Also added some mushrooms before boiling. 

Toasted some hoagie with a little spray butter. Placed the shredded beef and mushroom on the roll, topped with provolone cheese. Poured the au jus in a cup for dipping. 

So simple a one legged old man could do it. Very good and highly recommended. 

Comments