Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Economics of Sea Monkeys

@Botch has peaked my interest.  I am ready for his full sea monkey discussion.
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    From @Botch :

Somehow we can raise brine shrimp ("sea monkeys" for you ancient comic book guys like me) here in the Great Salt Lake (at least for a couple more years), harvest them, fly them over a hemisphere to be fed to "real" shrimp in Thailand, freeze them (the real ones), and fly them back to our grocers, to be sold for less $$/pound than beef, pork, chicken or eggs (depending on the Shortage dù Jour).  
    This inexpensive shrimp is never reflected on restaurant menu prices here in the US, due to completely different reasons for another thread.

Here is your thread!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thanks for that sea monkey info! Not quite sure why the “resident disliker” slammed your helpful posts, but then who knows what goes on in that loser’s mind anyway!!

Shall I provide the requisite BLAM sound effect when THAT LOSER slams my post as well? 

LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Clearly the economics work out cuz capitalism never gets anything wrong.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:
    Clearly the economics work out cuz capitalism never gets anything wrong.
    Never have truer words been spoken.  The only thing that ever breaks true capitalism is humans.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    About al I can offer here:
    "National Sea Monkey Day falls on May 16 every year to celebrate these little creatures."
    Plenty of time to plan a party!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • AprèsSki
    AprèsSki Posts: 131
    The only plate that would displace my bumper's "Greatest Snow on Earth" license plate will be Utah's soon to be released Brine Shrimp plate in support of saving The Great Salt Lake. 

Long live Briny!
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    In the back of comic books when dinosaurs roamed the earth 

Jacksonville FL
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Dobie said:
    In the back of comic books when dinosaurs roamed the earth 

Check out point 4 in the black box ... training ... lol.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    This is why I love this forum.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Out of curiosity I hover over the dislike to see who made it but nothing shows up?  Hover over like and it shows who liked it?  What gives?  Also I love Sea Monkeys when I was a kid!

• HeavyG
    stv8r said:
    Out of curiosity I hover over the dislike to see who made it but nothing shows up?  Hover over like and it shows who liked it?  What gives?  Also I love Sea Monkeys when I was a kid!

Dislikers (in general) are the sort that can "dish it out but can't take it" so they need the anonymity to protect their shallow feelings. Coward is another word that fits.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    On the very extremely rare occasion I have ever hit the dislike option, I will then front up and post why. 
    Spineless also fits the dislikeowarts , fittingly coined by @Canugghead.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    It's irrelevant.  It's like being told someone in the universe doesn't like you. That's gonna be true 100% of the time, no matter who you are.
  • caliking
    Does anyone else think Mrs. Sea-Monkey is kinda cute? Or, is it just me?

• Legume
    caliking said:
    Maybe deep fried?
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    @NecessaryIndulg ‘s Green Lightning Sea Monkeys … takes a good many for a meal, but worth it. 
  • Dobie
    caliking said:
    It’s the “So eager to please they can even be trained part”  ;)
    Jacksonville FL
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    We had them once.  Gave SWMBO the creeps.  Flushed them away.  Probably mutated in to some horrific bottom-feeding behemoth of the sewers now. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Dobie
    I bought lots of live ones years ago when I was a tropical fish hobbyist. Watched them all get murdered by my pet fish eating them. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • caliking
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    Maybe deep fried?
    That's just dirty. Probably tasty, but still dirty.

• HeavyG
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    Maybe deep fried?
    That's just dirty. Probably tasty, but still dirty.
    I thought they were one of the ingredients listed on Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp - so definitely tasty.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Problem is, this crew is mostly retired and they drink all week.  So every day has become Friday.
  • Dobie
    Problem is, this crew is mostly retired and they drink all week.  So every day has become Friday.
    Trying to figure out if I should be sad or drink more often, wait I can do both.
    Jacksonville FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    me thinks you are probably just jealous…”engineer boy”!!!

Please don’t be offended by that term! When I grew up in the late 50’s all us “boys” who were deemed “bright” were encouraged to take all the math and science classes offered since to become an engineer of any type was what AMERICA NEEDED! 

Slide rules on belt loops were more cool than football letters worn by the jocks!

Then being from MO during that era several of my classmates went on to Rolla, MO where graduating engineers had jobs just waiting for them!

Me? I loved the math aspect, but I used it toward my accounting degree instead, but I still received a minor in math! 

OK? “engineer boy”?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    RRP said:
    me thinks you are probably just jealous…”engineer boy”!!!

Please don’t be offended by that term! When I grew up in the late 50’s all us “boys” who were deemed “bright” were encouraged to take all the math and science classes offered since to become an engineer of any type was what AMERICA NEEDED! 

Slide rules on belt loops were more cool than football letters worn by the jocks!

Then being from MO during that era several of my classmates went on to Rolla, MO where graduating engineers had jobs just waiting for them!

Me? I loved the math aspect, but I used it toward my accounting degree instead, but I still received a minor in math! 

OK? “engineer boy”?
    I am jealous, but I have a plan!  And I have definitely been called worse than engineer boy! 🤣.

I didn't realize Missouri had reached statehood when you were a boy, let alone have a University!
  • Legume
    Because it hurts when I laugh.