Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating pulled pork SV

Options
I was tasked to serve 25 people pulled pork this Saturday. Due to several constraining factors, I went and made it last Sunday (best I ever made as per the tiny bit of meat that fell off and I, reluctantly of course, had to eat).

It went straight into the freezer after the rest and is now gently thawing. I want to heat it using my sous vide gear on Saturday. Only question I have: what temp should I heat it to?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I usually reheat SV stuff around 140F. If it is medium rare or less, then 130F.  Both cases there is no safety limit on time holding at those temps and any hotter just causes meat quality to decrease.  If you like it hotter, that’s fine, just keep in mind quality drops faster the hotter you hold it.
    Options
    140° for 1hr then transfer to a chafing dish to keep warm
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    To echo what others have said, 130-140 is within my usual range. The approach is to heat to a pleasant temperature in the mouth without further cooking the food. You’ll find that the pulled pork is like fresh. Great way to do it. 
  • iudex
    iudex Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks everyone, will follow your guidelines. Kicking back now, forum's got me covered =)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    iudex said:
    Thanks everyone, will follow your guidelines. Kicking back now, forum's got me covered =)
    Wee'z here to help!  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap