Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Franklin and some stick burner insights-

Options
From Aaron Franklin-if rolling in as an opening salvo for stick burners, some good insights but a whole lot of his experience offered comes forward and for that you have to get a lot of run time to really relate to your opening challenges-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf9iiv5Itc4  FWIW-
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Anyone what to post up the over/under on thread duration?? It is Friday so it may have a chance for a while...🥃
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    back in my muzzleloading/rendezvous days we used what we called a blow tube, a piece of crimped cooper tube used a for building a fire
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    I say these makes it for the duration.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Like the Honey Badger, I don’t care, Franklin is the Rock Star to BBQ. Is he the best? Like Tiger Woods lifted golf, Franklin lifted BBQ to the next level. He pushed everyone to be better.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I like how he starts out using tongs to perfectly place the first few pieces of wood… but then sticks his face in the firebox to blow 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.