Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yes...maybe there is a Santa Claus!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
My wife and I have eaten at Chick-fil-A most every other Saturday noon for 2 or 3 years now. We like the food.

Seems like every time now for the last year or maybe two we have seen two elderly fellows there who I assumed were two widowed brothers as they are always there by themselves. Then for the past 5 or 6 months when we would encounter each other we would always wave or speak, but just the usual “Hi, guys” or such.

Well, on Saturday, Dec 24th, the oldest man who has a white fuzzy beard walked over to tables with small children and would hand them a gift sack. I saw from a distance that the content was a wooden toy. Then out of the blue he came up behind us and handed each of us a sack and said "Merry Christmas, you two youngsters!”!

Turned out the bearded man is actually the other man’s elderly father! This year he made 245 of these toys and had been handing them out here and there!

These looked cute and were the only things under our Christmas tree this year!

I guess there is a Santa Claus!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    RRP said:
    My wife and I have eaten at Chick-fil-A most every other Saturday noon for 2 or 3 years now. We like the food.

Seems like every time now for the last year or maybe two we have seen two elderly fellows there who I assumed were two widowed brothers as they are always there by themselves. Then for the past 5 or 6 months when we would encounter each other we would always wave or speak, but just the usual “Hi, guys” or such.

Well, on Saturday, Dec 24th, the oldest man who has a white fuzzy beard walked over to tables with small children and would hand them a gift sack. I saw from a distance that the content was a wooden toy. Then out of the blue he came up behind us and handed each of us a sack and said "Merry Christmas, you two youngsters!”!

Turned out the bearded man is actually the other man’s elderly father! This year he made 245 of these toys and had been handing them out here and there!

These looked cute and were the only things under our Christmas tree this year!

I guess there is a Santa Claus!!!

Very cool!!  Those are impressive, even as a single set.  Let alone almost 250 of them!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Very cool. Paying it forward one person at a time. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Great story Ron
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    I will also say, by some of your other posts, I was fully expecting a punch line at the end, not the good feels.  
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • divr71
    divr71 Posts: 82
    Options
    Ron, Rick ( divr71) here could you please send me directions for med egg gasket I lost them some how?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    divr71 said:
    Ron, Rick ( divr71) here could you please send me directions for med egg gasket I lost them some how?
    Will do, buddy! Give me a few minutes to get it done!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks for this great post Ron!
    Always good to see there are people like this around
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Loving it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    And here I thought they were going to offer you a ride in their borrowed taxi. 

Heartwarming story, Ron.