Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forearm forklifts. They rock.

nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I just found this picture, so I'm posting in the table forum.  I rigged up a couple of forearm forklifts with a ratcheting strap, and it made lowering my large BGE into the hole in the table a breeze....  I suppose you could use ropes or moving straps if you don't have the "forklifts".

Comments

• Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    I just put a stack of cardboard then a stack of towels below the hole to make the hole only 2 inches deep so it was just like sliding it from the table to the egg.  very easy to just pull out the towels then the cardboard to make the egg lower itself to where you want it.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I just put a stack of cardboard then a stack of towels below the hole to make the hole only 2 inches deep so it was just like sliding it from the table to the egg.  very easy to just pull out the towels then the cardboard to make the egg lower itself to where you want it.
    Sorta like the stunt men crash into the pile of cardboard boxes to break their fall?
    First post bump