Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Formula 1 USA-Austin, TX Race Oct 23 -USA Broadcast info (all times EDT)-OT

All sessions carried on the ESPN suite-Channel assignments TBD-
Here are the race event times:

23OCT

Race

15:00 - 17:00

22OCT

Qualifying

18:00 - 19:00

22OCT

Practice 3

15:00 - 16:00

21OCT

Practice 2

18:00 - 19:30

21OCT

Practice 1

15:00 - 16:00

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,584
    Bump for planning purposes as Sunday is a sports heavy day with this, baseball and the NFL.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • It’s a cool event. Hope to join you next year if it all works out. I’m in if you come down. Brisket, whisky and fast cars sounds fun to me. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited October 2022
    Connected home through dfw last night. The gates to the austin flights were a zoo. Several (smarter folks) were on my flight to San Antonio and were driving up to austin (hour and a half). Flying out of San Antonio after that race is genius. Last race people were leaving rental cars running in the street in Austin to walk a mile to the airport. Thousands of people  missed flights because they could not get through hours-long security lines. the airport was jammed for 2 days trying to get everyone out. Looks to be well attended this year as well. 

Cap- if all this works out, I would fly in and out of airports besides Austin. Especially out. People come in over a few days but they all try to leave Monday and it’s been a disaster for the last few years. 
  • lousubcap
    Great heads up right there.  I will use the San Antonio option as if I am mobile a year from now it's gonna happen.  Many thanks.  
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,132
    Connected home through dfw last night. The gates to the austin flights were a zoo.
    A few years back I flew out on the Monday after F1... It was a zoo and full of F1 gear, groupies and sponsor teams.  I vowed to skip these two weeks in the future. 

How bad is it here this week?  Im 35 miles away (across ATX) and there isnt a hotel room around here.  Found one more North- a Fairfield Inn that was asking $380 a night.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • xfire_ATX said:
    Connected home through dfw last night. The gates to the austin flights were a zoo.
    A few years back I flew out on the Monday after F1... It was a zoo and full of F1 gear, groupies and sponsor teams.  I vowed to skip these two weeks in the future. 

How bad is it here this week?  Im 35 miles away (across ATX) and there isnt a hotel room around here.  Found one more North- a Fairfield Inn that was asking $380 a night.
    Wow! 
  • lousubcap
    I'm here to tell you, buy stock in Vaseline before next year's race.  I have spoken with the owner of the small hotel where I always stay when in Austin on the every 30 month brisket bender.  It's two blocks up the street from Franklins.  I checked today and they offer 3 night minimum stay at Kentucky Derby prices.  2 rooms left.  But I do have a Vaseline guaranteed place to stay.  I was also looking into next year's Vegas F1 race in November.  I quickly decided the entrance price tickets for the race events was too painful.  
    Life is all about priorities... B)
  • lousubcap
    PSA- the race itself is being carried on ABC 3-5 PM (EDT) on Sunday.  
  • lousubcap
    Some great wheel-to- wheel racing in segments.  Minimal safety car issues (good news), continuous action, no commercial breaks and the running commentary is impressive.Give one a look-next week in Mexico.