Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for RRP (Ron)

It has been ages since I have been on this forum and I came back in search of Ron, hoping he is still out here. I am looking for a new gasket kit from him. Purchased a kit over 6 years ago and finally need to replace the one Ron provided.

Any of you old timers or new, know how to reach him outside of this forum?

Or

Do you know of someone that has what Ron provided?
Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,052
    @RRP

He’s around.
    Not a felon
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,976
    I’m right here! Give me a minute and I will,send you a PM ago link up
  • Never heard of the man :)

glad you guys reconnected. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    The good folks that lurk these pages are just down right good folk. Legume, I recognize your name from back in the day, and glad to see Ron is still around. 

Life got a little busy and I did not take the time to view or post here, but the Egg has help me serve up many a meal - and the gasket is on its final days.

It was a good laugh to read some of my old posts, in particular the post about the simple pleasure of opening a damn bag of lump coal. 
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • bob.bud said:
    The good folks that lurk these pages are just down right good folk. Legume, I recognize your name from back in the day, and glad to see Ron is still around. 

Life got a little busy and I did not take the time to view or post here, but the Egg has help me serve up many a meal - and the gasket is on its final days.

It was a good laugh to read some of my old posts, in particular the post about the simple pleasure of opening a damn bag of lump coal. 
    Glad you resurfaced. Same show, different cast these days but several old school/original forum members are very active here. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,976
    Sorry that for some reason you only got 6 years out of the Large Rutland I sold you for $11. It should have lasted MUCH MUCH longer! My Large just passed the 17 year mark! 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,119
    RRP said:
    Sorry that for some reason you only got 6 years out of the Large Rutland I sold you for $11. It should have lasted MUCH MUCH longer! My Large just passed the 17 year mark! 
    Everyone has different opinions on when they feel a gasket needs replaced. I wouldn’t take it as a knock.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Not a knock on the Rutland, more an issue with me - perhaps the cooks in the dead of winter, and snagging the edge of the gasket moving contraptions in and out of the egg. It works fine, it’s just loose, and my OCD may be in play here.

@The Cen-Tex Smoker I see… you are one I recognize as well.
  • iudex
    iudex Posts: 80
    Not to hijack the thread, but @RRP: could you also send me a PM regarding your awesome gaskets? I had already sent something some time ago, must have gotten lost.

Thanks to OP for reminding me!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    Ron's gasket game is tight

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,212
    Ron's gasket game is tight

I see what you did there, and incase you were concerned: I approve.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I have a 3yr old Rutland sitting in te box it was shipped in that ive been too lazy to install.  One day....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • I have a 3yr old Rutland sitting in te box it was shipped in that ive been too lazy to install.  One day....
    Get it over with already. You’ll be happy you did. 🙂
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,772
    Ron set me up with a gasket and I installed it right away. 
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va