Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    More Titleist Pro-V1x golf balls.   I prefer the left dash version but cannot find them anywhere
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    More Titleist Pro-V1x golf balls.   I prefer the left dash version but cannot find them anywhere
    Have you looked in the bottom of the ponds at the golf course?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SamIAm2 said:
    Not right now, store is closed, but tomorrow. This is for my 2017 UPS that isn't holding charge anymore. A fully charged one of these should give me max 40 minutes to shut down equipment gracefully. 

40 minutes?...you must have a very efficient system

12v 10ahr ~ 120v 1ahr ~ 100 watts for an hour....ok, I can see it

shtgunal3 said:
    Have you looked in the bottom of the ponds at the golf course?
    I haven’t gone pond diving for balls since I played HS golf and at my age ain’t about to pick that back up.  
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

Stopped in at Dirt Cheap.  Wish I was not flying.  I would have scooped these up.  They were about $16/box.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Well, I'm just thinking about the kid having to lug that around campus and into a classroom. Perhaps I'm picky, but my engineering mind says the current sizes aren't a great solution. Just looking at the thing, I think there could be ways to make it more compact. For example, a way to spin the handle bars so they are parallel with the shaft, and not sticking out a foot to either side. A more narrow foot base and shorter base (shorter spacing between wheels). A more compact folding design that closes all that space between the handle bar shaft and the foot base.  Add in a sling to it can be easily carried over the shoulder.

Perhaps my standards are too high...

@Mark_B_Good

Check this out, I think it better meets your engineering and end users requirements. 

https://unagiscooters.com/pages/unagi-model-one-electric-scooter/
    Well, I'm just thinking about the kid having to lug that around campus and into a classroom. Perhaps I'm picky, but my engineering mind says the current sizes aren't a great solution. Just looking at the thing, I think there could be ways to make it more compact. For example, a way to spin the handle bars so they are parallel with the shaft, and not sticking out a foot to either side. A more narrow foot base and shorter base (shorter spacing between wheels). A more compact folding design that closes all that space between the handle bar shaft and the foot base.  Add in a sling to it can be easily carried over the shoulder.

Perhaps my standards are too high...

@Mark_B_Good

Check this out, I think it better meets your engineering and end users requirements. 

https://unagiscooters.com/pages/unagi-model-one-electric-scooter/
    That's pretty slick!
    Still heavier than a Brompton tho. :)
    Also, Brompton does make a nice travel bag that can be carried over the shoulder or rolled liked luggage.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TechsasJim
    More Kuiu paraphernalia r from their outlet site.   Don’t need any true “gear”-loaded up
  • TechsasJim
    And another bench made bugout.   Apparently can’t have too many
  • paqman

paqman said:

Pet peeve of mine, please do not store them with the jaws touching.  Leave a small air gap.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    paqman said:

Pet peeve of mine, please do not store them with the jaws touching.  Leave a small air gap.

Is that really that important with digital calipers? Don't most people zero them out routinely anyway?
    A micrometer tho I would definitely not store with the faces touching but a digital caliper doesn't really "lock" the jaws together.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited October 2022
    HeavyG said:
    paqman said:

Is that really that important with digital calipers? Don't most people zero them out routinely anyway?
    A micrometer tho I would definitely not store with the faces touching but a digital caliper doesn't really "lock" the jaws together.
    Yes, it is important.  You can get localized corrosion on the faces.  The zeroing helps the function, but pitting and stuff on the faces can be a problem.  It is a different failure mode than the micrometers with load on the faces.

I worked in a machine shop for 4 years and have seen verneir calipers with damaged faces.  I do not know of anything built wrong due to the damage because it is easy to inspect the calipers prior to use.
  • paqman
    Yep, leaving a small gap.  I’ll also keep the piece of oiled paper that it shipped with for storage.

I am having my eyes on a Mitutoyo but all I can find are fakes.  Even a local tool shop had knockoffs… The salesman tried to convince me that they were the real deal but when I looked at the serial numbers on two units they were identical… 🤦‍♂️

I needed a 200mm (old one is 150mm) and I couldn’t find anything decent locally so took a chance with this one from China and so far I am happy.

paqman said:
    Yep, leaving a small gap.  I’ll also keep the piece of oiled paper that it shipped with for storage.

I am having my eyes on a Mitutoyo but all I can find are fakes.  Even a local tool shop had knockoffs… The salesman tried to convince me that they were the real deal but when I looked at the serial numbers on two units they were identical… 🤦‍♂️

I needed a 200mm (old one is 150mm) and I couldn’t find anything decent locally so took a chance with this one from China and so far I am happy.

The new Starretts and Mitutoyo aren't like they used to be either. Battery life is incredible though vs. off shore. Most guys here just buy the middle of the road ones and replace as needed. Nothing extremely accurate gets measured with them anyway 
  • That slice looks good fish.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Pimp my palm! Bought some gold and crystal handles for all of the main floor bedrooms and the main bath. 

• nolaegghead
    Pimp my palm! Bought some gold and crystal handles for all of the main floor bedrooms and the main bath. 

Looks nice, but I’m not sure that complies with the CDA…(Canadian version of the ADA)…
    Pimp my palm! Bought some gold and crystal handles for all of the main floor bedrooms and the main bath. 

would be really cool if they had a low level glow at night, im too old to find door knobs at night and mine are old antique bast iron black. nice by the way
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Pimp my palm! Bought some gold and crystal handles for all of the main floor bedrooms and the main bath. 

Looks nice, but I’m not sure that complies with the CDA…(Canadian version of the ADA)…
    Hopefully, I won’t have to worry about accessibility for a good long while. And when I do, at least my old bungalow is well set up for it. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    absolutely nothing!  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • TechsasJim
    Rhino pop up blind for the piggies and Coyotes.   
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Wine.  It’s been a week.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    @sheetmetalpete- Hickory?  Beautiful wood!

2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • wwinnc said:
    @sheetmetalpete- Hickory?  Beautiful wood!

Natural hickory.  Yes sir. 
    Glencoe, Minnesota
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523

Hay…lots of hay
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga