Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Formula 1 Singapore GP Race Sunday Oct 2nd-USA Broadcast info (all times EDT)-OT

Options
All sessions carried on the ESPN suite-Channel assignments TBD-

Singapore Grand Prix

Practice 1 - Friday, September 30 - 5.55AM - TBC
Practice 2 - Friday, September 30 - 8.55AM - TBC

Practice 3 - Saturday, October 1 - 5.55AM - TBC
Qualifying - Saturday, October 1 - 8.55AM - TBC
Grand Prix Sunday (pre-race) - Sunday, October 2 - 6.30AM - TBC
Singapore Grand Prix - Sunday, October 2 - 7.55AM - TBC

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Bump with channel assignments:

USA (Eastern)

DaySessionChannelSession startsSession ends
    FridaySingapore Grand Prix first practice liveESPN206:0007:00
    FridaySingapore Grand Prix second practice liveESPNU09:0010:00
    SaturdaySingapore Grand Prix third practice liveESPN206:0007:00
    SaturdaySingapore Grand Prix qualifying liveESPNEWS09:00
    SundaySingapore Grand Prix liveESPN208:00
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Likely correct but the racing is still impressive.
  • Mr1egg
    Options
    I just heard the redbull got caught spending over budget, I'm really excited to see the punishment.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Somehow I don't think anything significant will come of it.  Look how the race director finessed the close of the final race last year.  But...Had not heard that-thanks for the alert.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Here are a few related paras:
    "Despite Red Bull’s development push, which secured the first championship for one of its drivers since 2013, the team began the new season in strong shape. Its new RB18 has proved the car to beat since its early reliability problems were cured. Verstappen can win the drivers’ championship in Singapore this weekend, and Red Bull are unlikely to be overhauled in the constructors’ standings.

The development poses the first significant test of F1’s budget cap rules. A wide range of penalties are available to the FIA if any team is found to have exceeded the spending limits. These include fines and further restrictions on spending in future seasons.

The available penalties also include points deductions for the season in question, for both the team and driver. Verstappen beat Hamilton to the title by just eight points last year, but a retroactive change to the championship outcome nine months after the season ended would be an enormously controversial and unpopular move."

Nothing like some drama to keep the interest when, as you note, the outcome is a done deal.

• lousubcap
    Options
    Race on Sunday 8 AM EDT- ESPN 2 as noted above.  Give it a look.  You will be glad you did.  
  • Mr1egg
    Options
    I'll be watching..... I wish the races were earlier so I could be a little tipsy instead of tired lol 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Too many yellow flags in that race.  But when there was true racing there were some good battles for placement.
    With the pending steward review regarding Perez I don't know why Ferrari didn't push Leclerc to stay inside of 5 seconds behind.  But what do I know...

On to Japan and this one is set up for late night watching or recording.  Separate thread to follow.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Turns out Perez was assessed a 5 second penalty.  Ferrari hosed it once again.  
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    My darn DVR cut me off due to the delayed start. Sounds like I missed all the drama. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    There was no real drama at the close for the lead although some good racing for position down the finish order.  Leclerc was well within 5 seconds of Perez for all but the final 2-3 laps (at most).  Perez was doing a masterful job of holding him off but then it appeared Leclerc just eased up a bit and the gap got to 7.6 seconds at the finish (hit the two hour limit due to all the yellows).  
    Don't know who let that happen but true to form for Ferrari this campaign.  
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    There was no real drama at the close for the lead although some good racing for position down the finish order.  Leclerc was well within 5 seconds of Perez for all but the final 2-3 laps (at most).  Perez was doing a masterful job of holding him off but then it appeared Leclerc just eased up a bit and the gap got to 7.6 seconds at the finish (hit the two hour limit due to all the yellows).  
    Don't know who let that happen but true to form for Ferrari this campaign.  
    I know it looks easier than it is to manage these races but both Ferrari and Mercedes have made a killing at making themselves look bad this year. 🤦‍♂️